The Bridge 027: Ride With Us…
Everyone who opens this email is appreciated. Those who don’t, they’re still appreciated…but I hope everyone opens this email so you can read what’s written next.
Unsubscribe if you want.
I don’t want to this to be yet another email cluttering your inbox. If it’s not adding value to your life, click “Unsubscribe.” No hard feelings, I promise.
If you’re on the fence about whether that applies to you, just hang in there. This whole idea is work in progress and how it develops depends on people forwarding it to others, sharing on social media and just singing praises of The Bridge.
And if there are articles you want to share with me, or changes you’d like to suggest to make your experience better, email them to me (email@example.com) because I want everyone to feel like they’re a part of helping this newsletter take shape into something great. There’s more great stuff in development and I want people to be able to say “I remember when that shit first started…” with pride.
A note to those who do want to stay subscribed and are using Gmail: star Bridge emails because Gmail frequently sends them to the ‘Promotions’ folder.
- Coming of age in Outkast’s ATLien era
- Epic Records can make hit albums with a few clicks
- Donald Trump’s got a God problem
- Don’t let people ‘pick your brain’ for free
- 35 things you should do for your career by the time you turn 35
- Hip-Hop + Hilfiger: An oral history
- How the spirit of photographer Gordon Parks lives on in the new generation of artists
- How contributing to the success of others pays in the long run
- 7 telltale signs of a liar, no matter how convincing they are
- ‘I shot dad’: The 10-year-old who killed his abusive, neo-Nazi father
- Bandcamp may be the best thing going for indie artists
- For Michael Vick, the ’04 Madden cover was a curse of a different kind
- Ryan Lochte is the most dangerous bro known to man
- The days of privatized prisons are coming to an end
- John Coltrane talks life, jazz + Malcolm X in rare interview
- Lean is the rap version of heroin
- NBA star Jabari Parker’s pledge to fight for Chicago
- Predicting breakout stars for all 32 NFL teams
- The first steps to publishing your own book
- Donald Glover’s goal for Atlanta: to let white people know they don’t know everything about black people
- How to say “no” using the 5/25 Rule
- Your IG posts reveal how depressed you are
- On Kanye and the death of the creative full stop
Want more? Sign up for ‘The Bridge’ newsletter