Everyone Doubted it, but Trump is Actually Making America Great Again
- Everyone know who their state and federal representatives are without having to google.
- Millions of Americans are exercising more. They’re holding signs and marching every week.
- Alec Baldwin is great again. Everyone has forgotten that he is kind of a jerk.
- The Postal Service is enjoying the influx cash due to stamps purchased by millions of people for letter and postcard campaigns.
- Likewise, the pharmaceutical industry is enjoying record growth in sales of antidepressants.
- Millions of Americans now know how to call their elected officials and know exactly what to say to be effective.
- Footage of town hall meetings is now entertaining.
- Tens of millions of people are now correctly spelling words like emoluments, narcissist, fascist, misogynist, holocaust and cognitive dissonance.
- Everyone knows more about the rise of Hitler than they did last year.
- Everyone knows more about legislation, branches of power and how checks and balances work.
- Marginalized groups are experiencing a surge in white allies.
- White people in record numbers also finally understand that Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act.
- Stephen Colbert’s “Late Night” finally gained the elusive #1 spot in late night talk shows, and Seth Meyers is finding his footing as today’s Jon Stewart.
- “Mike Pence” has donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood since Nov. 9th.
- Melissa FREAKING McCarthy.
- Travel ban protesters put $24 million into ACLU coffers in just 48 hours, enabling them to hire 200 more attorneys. Lawyers are now heroes.
- As people seek veracity in their news sources, respected news outlets are happily reporting a substantial increase in subscriptions, a boon to a struggling industry vital to our democracy.
- Live streaming court cases and congressional sessions are now as popular as the Kardashians.
- Massive cleanup of Facebook friend lists.
- People are reading classic literature again. Sales of George Orwell’s “1984” increased by 10,000% after the inauguration. (Yes, that is true. 10,000%. 9th grade literature teachers all over the country are now rock stars.)
- More than ever before, Americans are aware that education is important. Like, super important.
- Now, more than anytime in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.
All bulleted items were quoted/sourced from multiple Facebook profiles.
Originally published at POLITICAL HAZE.