Step to Connect Wireless HP Printer with USB cable
If you have been using your HP wireless printer straightly connected to your computer with a USB cable, you can convert from a USB connection to a wireless one. With your printer connected to your wireless network, it can be simply used by other computers that are also connected to your network.
Before starting, you will require the following:
· A functioning wireless network that incorporates a Wireless router.
· The name of your wireless network (also known as SSID).
· If you are using a wireless password, you will require to know either the WEP key or WPA passphrase.
Step to Connect wireless HP Printer with USB Cable
Method to make the wireless conversion:
First make assure your computer is connected to your network.
If your printer is not presently connected to your computer, connect the USB cable between the computer and the printer.
Make clear that your HP printer software is installed on your computer.
1. If your HP printer software is installed, then use Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7:
Start -> Programs -> HP -> -> Printer Setup & Software.
For Windows 8/8.1:
· Open the Printer Software from the Start screen (using the icon for your printer model) or from the tile named for your printer.
· Choose (click or touch) Utilities on the top of the Printer Software screen.
· Choose Printer Setup & Software.
· Choose Convert a USB connected printer to Wireless.
2. Mac OS X: Open Finder and visit Applications -> HP -> Printer Setup & Software.
3. Choose “Convert a USB connected printer to wireless” from Printer Setup & Software or from the Welcome Back screen from the CD.
Attentively follow the instructions on the software screens. If you notice a software screen prompt instructing you to connect the USB cable and the cable is already connected, examine the checkbox which says “the USB cable is already connected”, and then continue.
The software may be able to automatically fetch your wireless settings, which comprises your network name and wireless password. If the wireless settings cannot be fetched, you will have to pick your network name from a list of discovered networks in your area and manually input your wireless password.
At the last of the process you will be instructed to remove the USB cable.
Note: The printer can be connected by a USB cable to a computer and also be connected to a wireless network. Both USB and wireless connections can be active and used at the similar time. At the end of the conversion process, you may be given the choice to either keep or delete the USB printer driver. If you select to keep it, you will have two printer icons with the printer’s model name in the computer’s printer folder. One icon will be the printer initially installed and used over the USB connection. The second icon was just installed and should be used when using the printer over the network connection.
Thus we can imagine that after following the mentioned above steps you would have successfully connected USB connected hp printer to wireless. If not so or any issue comes across you or you are unable to do so, no need to worry for that in any condition. The best technical support team i.e., HP Support Number +1(844)-444–4174 is beside you to offer best and instant support under the guidance of Certified Professionals; who are accessible round the clock to assist you with valuable solutions. Thus instead of wasting time in seeking support from here & there; simply dial our toll-free number for best & result oriented solution.