My list of useful stuff to help with ME/CFS
1. Physical Accessories
- Foldable Laptop Stand.
Great for laying on a bed and using a laptop or tablet. I Bought mine of eBay for $22 AUD (including P&H)
- Shower Chair Aluminium
I sometimes sit down to rest, much nicer on a chair! Useful depending on the severity of your symptoms. I Bought mine of eBay for $31 AUD (including P&H)
- Tripod Stool
Go anywhere, sit anywhere. I Bought mine at an Australian camping store ‘kathmandu’ for $24 (AUD)
2. Social & Support Outlets
- CFS Subreddit — Great if you already use Reddit. It’s full of discussion, news and support.
- Telegram Chat — It’s a what’s app group but on a different app. People with ME/CFS world wide. Mainly UK & US. Very supportive intimate group of people.
- Me on twitter! — It’s my brain log of things that make sense to people with ME/CFS
- ME/CFS Facebook Group — 2,400+ members sharing news and support
- Facebook Group ‘Good Australian Doctors for ME/CFS — Useful to search your area for doctors that understand ME/CFS
- Facebook Group ‘ People with CFS or ME or FM in Queensland’ — 250+ members sharing news and support
- Monthly Gold Coast Meetup for CFS & FM — Meetings once a month in Nerang
3. Credible ME/CFS information
- MEpedia — Wiki like page with crowdsourced information with many links and topics
- MEAction — Network of patients empowering each other to fight for health equality for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
- Emerge Australia — NPO with buckets of information around diagnosis, carers, support groups, news, activism and more
This is a simple list of everything I recommended to others in one place. I’ll update it regularly if you find it useful!