On August 1st 2021 JunoHack started. A way for developers & innovators across the Cosmos ecosystem & beyond to deploy decentralized applications on the Juno testnet and later on the mainnet. In phase 1, a total of 1,186,670 $JUNO currently valued at $5,078,949 are allocated to incentivize the best app innovations covering several sub categories listed below.
JunoHack will allow the first designated interoperable smart contract platform in the Cosmos ecosystem to launch with an adoption head-start.
Things we would like to see
- Lending / Borrowing
- Identity Management
- Token Creation
- Permission Systems
- IBC Middleware Contracts
- IBC Privacy Contracts
- Polling & Voting
- Airdrop Blaster (airdrop custom tokens via IBC)
- Message Sender (send messages to people by using their public address, they could even unlock private ones with their private key)
- LockBox (Lock funds for a specified amount of time, bring hodling to the next level!)
- Your great idea
Documentation / Videos
- How to write smart contracts
- How to upload smart contracts
- How to build UI for smart contracts
- How to stake Juno
- How to buy Juno
- Translations of good content
Other useful tools
- Block explorer for smart contracts
- UI for interacting with smart contracts
- UI for uploading smart contracts
- Your great idea
How to earn points?
- Write smart contracts
The most points will be given to individuals or teams that create useful Smart Contracts.
- CosmWasm docs: https://docs.cosmwasm.com/
- Example contracts: https://github.com/CosmWasm/cosmwasm-plus
2. Make docs, videos, stack overflow responses, blog posts, etc.
For the Cosmos ecosystem take off, we also need tutorials and documentation. Standout examples of Juno related content will receive rewards.
3. Build other useful tools
Amazing tools and user interfaces also bring immense value to the Juno ecosystem and will be recognized. Some ideas might include, but are not limited to, UI for uploading / interacting with smart contracts or community tools such as balance checkers & bots.
Submission / Scoring Process
- Work on your projects / ideas
- Fill out the Nomination form.
- Judges will determine the final score based on usefulness of the contribution to the Juno ecosystem.
- Rewards will be allocated according to score.
Judges will include the Juno Development Committee and some notable individuals from the Cosmos Ecosystem (to be announced). Judges are not eligible to receive Hack Juno rewards.
- If someone builds something useful or helpful to you, nominiate them!
- If you’re nominated, keep building! It will help earn you the best score from the judges.
- Feel free to comment on nominations, but be sure to keep things positive.
Get together on Discord & discuss your ideas with fellow Juno ecosystem contributors.
⚪️ Web: https://junochain.com/
⚪️ Medium: https://medium.com/@JunoNetwork
⚪️ Discord: https://discord.gg/QcWPfK4gJ2
⚪️ Twitter: https://twitter.com/JunoNetwork
⚪️ Price Discussions: T.me/Juno_Price