"...To see what happens in nature is very useful."
Learning to Draw is a part to represent the very nature in our own way. In the initial stages the result were good up to a point as they were only few sketches.
Then the details were added to the next sketches and the result were better (even though they were sketches, they we more easily identifiable independently) distinguishing between the original and itself.
After more practices and after understanding the previous sketches were much more setting themselves apart from the originals. Better standing for its own identity.
- Hair was more put into details as to understand where were the turns and how to depict them as a whole keeping the forms, styles, textures intact.
- Faces were sketched keeping sufficient structure, direction and effects.
- Eyes, Lip, Nose, Necklines and Curves profoundly contributes to the Expressions. Their details were improvised by zooming in to a much more detail and then sketching. Yet presenting certain strokes such that they were quietly expressing the intention.
- Every stroke were intended to redefine the sketch of the image, touching virtually every curve/line. Simultaneously knowing how much the sketches need to be described, So that exact feelings are magnified through touching the eyes, Nose, lips, neckline, textures of the hair and details on skin. These were areas where more time was spent and ought to be given as to understand how to be like the one(image of the one i liked in the first place) and to get in the details. In return helping understand oneself.
“And remember everyone, in this world, we are not told we are loved enough. So I tell you all, I love you.” -T.V.
Concepts Applied for Sketching
simple strokes were used in initial stages like overlapped lines, points.
group of strokes as
- Gapped strokes/Dots/Points
- Longer lines/Curves
Understanding the image, Stroke +Shade use applying on the layer
keeping sufficient Effects in the layer so as to Express the Expression. May need two or more layer use to identify which effects adds to improvised Expressions of interest.
Finally Starting with…
Firstly a single stroke (a line), then if provided gaps they can act like smaller strokes(points) while on the other side continuation of the stroke of longer strokes(curved lines).
With experience shades were used to interpret the grayscale to B/W colour. While Effects were obtained by incrementing shades in a directed way.
Even Expression were understood by utilising Effects. By keeping present the effects of a certain region and removing from somewhere else. This was acheived by giving effects of aregion in one layer and of another region to another layer also turning one of the layers off and watching the sketch.
Again by experience the Effects were retained of certain layers creating the Expression.
(~ Min.) Get your images
(4–5 Min.) Open Snapseed & open the image in it.
- apply BLUR (to focus on the subject)
- apply HDR (to turning 3D to 2D)
- apply BLACK AND WHITE (to get grayscale + fine tune accordingly)
- apply CROP + ROTATION (if needed)
- save the output.
(>30 Min.) Open Sketchbook open the previous output image.
- add layer
- select pen tool
- start stroking using the pen
- save the result sketch created.