Why apps like Explorica are getting a toe hold in App World?
With the advancement of technology, the landscape of all industries have been transformed. Tour and Travel industry is no exception. A recently survey that has been done by eMarketer, travel based mobile Apps are 7th most downloaded app category and about 60% of the smartphone users use travel apps while the planning trips. Having the digital tools at hand, users are now preferring these portable and user — friendly travelling mobile apps for making their own travel arrangements.
Some Interesting Facts of Travel & Tourism Industry Apps
· 85% use smartphones to plan their travel when on leisure tours
· 30% use mobile apps to find the best hotel deals
· 15% use download travel apps to plan a trip ahead
· Travel & Tourism related apps rank as the 7th most downloaded category of apps
Other Purpose Tourists Use Travel & Tourism Mobile Apps For
· Use map features — 49.1%
· Search Restaurant — 62.1%
· Use GPS For Directions — 48.1%
· Search Hotel — 46%
· Search engine activities and attractions — 33.3%
· Look For Public Transportation — 12.6%
· Look for shopping — 36.1%
· Search for Hotel — 11.2%
I’ve been using many travel apps to plan between my trips, location and search for nearby locations. And tell you the truth almost all of them give similar features and suggestions. While most lag in user experience, I particularly liked this app Explorica. It has many features that I liked and its fast UI/UX compelled me to make it my default app for search and travel planning.
Explorica comes in handy for users who travel between cities and towns. With its ability to use your GPS location to accurately locate places and venues nearest to you with a map and distance calculator, you can choose between or on-the-go plan your journey. Whether you’re planning a trip to a city or just looking for a restaurant nearby, using this app, you would be able to reach there by looking at the map along with GPS tracking.
• Auto location using GPS and options to change cities/ towns with search
• Works anywhere in the world
• Complete details of the place like phone number, proximity, address, images, ratings working hours, website etc. for user convenience
• Distance tracking in KMs and Time to Location with Geo Pins to locate places of interest
• View search results on Maps or List using Ratings/ Distance and Picture of the place
• On-The-Go search and favorites for your location search results
• Categorization of places like Food, Health, Finance, Transport, Government, Entertainment, Shopping for user convenience
• Weather updates of cities/ Towns
• Option to choose places within distances like (5KMs)
• Integrated with Google Maps for accurate location searches
• Get Direction on the map for the place of interest
This Explorica App is completely Free of Cost to Download and Use. It has been developed by a company called KNOWARTH Technologies that is coming up with several other application developments for end users.
So, I would suggest that you use this free of cost app to search, locate and rate places around you. Visit popular restaurants, hotels, cinemas, ATMs and Grocery stores to make Explorica your personal trip advisor and location finder to locate everything around you.
You can free download this app on both store: