6 Reasons Why Ooty is Rightly Called The ‘Queen of Hill Stations’
Ooty is a paradise of for group of friends to hangout. It has beautiful gardens, picturesque sunsets and above all, a moderate and comfortable climate that allows you to explore the vbeauty around you without breaking a sweat! We give you some more reasons to visit Ooty!
1. Doddabetta peak. This is regarded as one of the highest peaks in South India, which lies at the junction of the Eastern and Western Ghats. The beautiful valley, plains of Coimbatore and the flat highlands of Mysore are visible from here
2. The Thread GardenWorld’s most unique garden — This artificially embroidered garden bearing natural models of plants and flowers using self developed technology of hand wound embroidery has taken 12 years with the effort of 50 lady artists
3. Pykara Lake. Surrounded by dense forests, there is a forest rest house in the area. Pykara is known for its boat house, which is near the Pykara falls and Dam. The boat house also includes a restaurant and a rest house, where tourists can relax.
4. The Nilgiri Mountain Raliway. This is one of the must have experiences in Ooty due to the unique scenery it offers
5. Wenlock Downs. Many Tamil and other Indian movies were shot here.
The lush green forests and large mountains add to the beauty of this place.
6. Rose Garden. There are around 3600 varieties of roses in this garden.Tourists can visit this garden for seeing Miniature roses,
Hybrid Tea roses, Ramblers and Floribunda. Roses of unusual colours, like green and black, can also be seen here
Here we have some more pictures of the attraction in Ooty