Reading List for Late Millennials 5/15/2017
This week, we’re talking neoliberal feminism and the best & worst date movies. Catch Late Millennials every Saturday at 5 p.m. on KUPS 90.1 FM in Tacoma, and on kups.net.
- Michaele Ferguson, “Trump is a Feminist: And Other Cautionary Tales for Our Neoliberal Age.” Theory and Event. January 2017.
Michaele Ferguson will also be giving a lecture entitled “Feminism in Dark Times” on Tuesday, April 11 in WY 101 at 4 p.m.
- Jia Tolentino, “The Case Against Contemporary Feminism.” The New Yorker. February 8, 2017.
It's the same with feminism as it is with women in general: there are always, seemingly, infinite ways to fail. On the…www.newyorker.com
- Jessa Crispin, “Self-Empowerment Is Just Another Word for Narcissism.” The Cut.
It’s not that Jessa Crispin wants to disavow feminism entirely, she just doesn’t think it stands for much anymore. “The…nymag.com
- Jessa Crispin, “What to Ask a Celebrity Instead of ‘Are You a Feminist?’” The New York Times. February 25, 2017.
Now that feminism is fashionable, it is common to ask female celebrities on the red carpet or elsewhere whether they…mobile.nytimes.com
- Kendall Jenner for Pepsi commercial
- Yasmin Nair, “Killing You Softly with Her Dreams.” Current Affairs. 16 November, 2016.