Watching The West Wing: Season 1, Episode 2
It’s been two weeks since I watched the pilot episode. I don’t remember anything that happened except for all of the pager action.
Things I liked about Episode 2
- When Mrs. Landingham told Sam he could have a cookie
- And then when she stole the president’s steaks
- When Captain Tolliver had an actual printed photo of his new baby ☺
- Sam wearing glasses
- How everyone owns a long, tan trench coat
Things I didn’t like about Episode 2
- When the mom from One Tree Hill drove her car over the curb and started yelling at people and threatening them with her shoe — zero chill
- The opening credits are lame
- When Captain Tolliver repeatedly showed people the printed photo of his new baby — you knew something bad was going to happen ☹
- How they kept going back and forth between calling Laurie a call girl and a hooker — pick a team!
- When I stopped paying attention for seven minutes and only remember Sam saying he needed to stretch his legs, like, four times
- All the talk about Sam trying to “reform” the call girl/hooker
- The Vice President
- This exchange — Laurie/hooker/call girl: “I don’t need saving.” Sam: “Yes you do.”
- Captain Tolliver ☹
- No pager dialogue! Weak AF.
Parting Thoughts: Mrs. Landingham is the saving grace of this show and I need to pay closer attention to plot lines.