You know the feeling you get when you’re meeting an online match for the first time and things don’t go as you’d hoped? Maybe your date is running an hour late and didn’t bother to text, or maybe she spends the whole night talking about her ex, or maybe he’s sporting a Donald Trump comb-over and spray-tan face.
In any case, your date is sucking, and you just want to escape. You need a Plan B, stat.
No worries — the new bod app is here to help you.
Created by Jennifer Kelton, the founder of Bad Online Dates — the website that sparked conversation about the ups and downs of online dating and platform for Bad Date TV — the bod app is close to her heart. After hearing the stories of so many people having bad online dating experiences, she wanted to turn things around. She launched the bod dating app to give people a chance to find a Plan B — another date — so the night isn’t wasted. (Plus, you get to bond with someone else who just escaped a bad date…a win-win.)
“With modern technology’s capabilities, the dating industry has a responsibility to help people make the best use of their time, money, and energy — things that all get wasted while on a bad date,” says Kelton. “This app gives control back to every dater.”
Here’s how it works:
- Download the bod dating app from the app store (available in iTunes and Google Play)
- Login with your Facebook account
- A map of your location appears. When you go to the menu option, you can select “Available” in Date Mode, which means you are discoverable. (In other words, other people looking for a date can see your bod profile.)
- The app provides flexibility — you can determine things like age range, radius in which you want to search, and whether you want to receive push notifications.
- If you’re the shy type, the app offers ice breakers to get conversations started
- The app creates a mini profile using your Facebook profile photo, and you can choose to add up to five others.
The app is free to download, so get started…