A five minute lunch that takes comfort food to a new level without being so unhealthy that you want to cry afterwards.
What is it?
This is one of my favourite lunches when I was something warm and comforting, but can’t be bothered to make anything that needs more than five minutes of vague effort.
What you’ll need
Some kind of grill; A baking tray; a cheese grater; a bowlful of plain tortilla chips; 250g corned beef; 2 pickles; a handful of jalapeneos; 250g cheese; a cold beverage of your choice.
- Take a sip of your cold beverage.
- Put the grill on a low heat to warm up
- Lay the baking tray on a flat surface and tip in the bowl of tortilla chips. Ensure they’re spread evenly across the base of the tray.
- Grate the cheese, and sprinkle half of it on top of the tortillas in the tray.
- Take the corned beef and, using either a knife or a blender or your hands, smash it up and pull it apart until it’s in small pieces.
- Chop up the pickles and jalapeneos into chunks.
- Sprinkle the corned beef, pickles, and jalapeneos over the tortillas in the tray.
- Top with the remaining cheese. You should have something that looks a bit like this…
9. Stick the tray under the grill and leave it there for three and a half minutes.
10. Sip your cold beverage again. Clean up the stuff you just used, and think ahead to the tasty lunch you’re about to enjoy.
11. Remove from under the grill and turn the grill off. You should now have something that looks a bit like this…
12. Using a spoon. transfer the contents of the tray back into the bowl.
13. Move the bowl, your cold beverage, and yourself to a comfortable chair of your choice.
14. Enjoy! Lazy Nachos go great with any salsa, or avodaco or dill based sauce. Hint hint.