Get rid of Acne with Ayurveda.
Ever wondered a small acne spot can not only lower your beauty but also your confidence level and self-esteem?
Though acne is not a severe ailment it can still carve a big shadow on your beauty.
Rather every individual who suffer from acne has one question in mind, i.e why does acne occur and why me?
Some of them most common answers we find is due to
- Oil production
- Dead skin cells
- Clogged pores
- Bacteria…blah blah blah
But, Ayurveda will give you more in depth details on why this occurs.
When the vata and pitta located in our skin and blood gets provoked due to metabolic waste products in blood, hormonal imbalances, stress, bad skin hygiene, spicy and fried food intake, irregular eating and sleeping habits, constipated bowels, they erupt out of our skin (especially on face) in the form of acne.
Here are some tips for you to prevent acne.
- Wash you face at least thrice a day with water at room temperature.
- Regularize the sleeping habits (10 PM- 5 AM being ideal).
- Aim for chemical-free skin, avoid using too many creams and make-up.
- Consult your ayurveda doctor for hormonal imbalances.
- Eat all the locally available seasonal fruits (at least one fruit/day).
- Avoid the food that clog your digestive system and thus clog your skin- fast foods, soft drinks, packaged foods that are full of artificial preservatives. The same old mantra! However, there is just no other master key to health.
- Drink hot-warm water in an empty stomach, 2 hours after meals and bedtime to keep the body heat away.
There are also some external and internal remedies for acne.
External Remedies (applying over the skin)
Yastimadhu (licorice), manjistha (Indian madder), khadira (acacia catechu), mustha (nut grass), lodhra (symplocos bark), haridra (turmeric), chandan (sandalwood), haritaki, amalki, vibhitaka (all three together known as triphala), shatavari (Indian asparagus), sunthi (dry ginger), kumari (aloe vera).
Ayurvedic Classical Preparations
These herbs can be used individually or together in powder form as a 3 in 1 formula (face wash + face scrub+ face pack).
- Make a paste by adding rose water or amla juice.
- Apply it all over your face and let it dry completely.
- Once the paste is dry, wet it and scrub it off gently.
- Wash the face with normal water or cold water.
- Modify the recipe according to normal, oily or dry skin.
This can be done every alternate day until acne is healed completely!
Internal Remedies (consuming):
These remedies are most likely to be found in your kitchen.
Use the following remedies on a regular basis and get rid of acne.
White Gourd (Louki):
Peel off the skin and cut them into pieces before blending them into a smoothie thick consistency and add water, black pepper, honey, mint leaves or salt as per your taste. Drink this super healthy juice daily for 21 days and say good bye to your skin problems.
Indian Gooseberry (Amla):
This superfood can be consumed as a fruit, juice or dried powder form. By regulating the body pitta, rejuvenating the skin cells and purifying the blood, this remedy will help you get rid of your acne permanently.
As one of the best single herbs for the skin, it can be consumed in powder form. Take 1/2 licorice powder in 1 cup hot milk daily in the morning or evening. By unclogging your pores and providing a hormonal balance it takes good care of your acne.
Rightly named as ayurveda gold, fresh turmeric juice is one of the best remedies for acne. Take 1 tspn fresh turmeric juice with 1 tspn honey followed by luke warm water. This regime is suitable for all age groups and has multiple benefits.
Though acne is a small problem it casts a bad spell and scars our beauty, if you are looking for a permanent solution then Ayurveda is a must.
There are many other ayurvedic medicines and treatments which may work wonders. It depends on every individual’s bio-physical constitution and nature (prakruti).
You can consult us for an Ayurvedic treatment call us at +918050801515 and fix up an appointment.
Or visit us at: www.kevaayurveda.com