Hair grows everywhere on the human skin except on the palmsof our hands and the soles of ourfeet,
but many hairs are so fine they’re virtually invisible.
Hair is made up of a protein called keratin that is produced in hair follicles in theouter layer of skin.
As follicles produce new hair cells, old cells are beingpushed out through the surface of the skin at the rate of about six inches ayear.
The hair you can see is actually a string of dead keratin cells.
The average adult head has about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs and loses up to 100of them a day; finding a few stray hairs on your hairbrush is not necessarilycause for alarm.
Signs and symptoms of hair loss may include:
- Gradual thinning on top of head.
This is the most common type of hair loss, affecting both men and women as they age.
In men, hair often begins to recede from the forehead in a line that resembles the letter M.
Women typically retain the hairline on the forehead but have a broadening of the part in their hair.
- Circular or patchy bald spots.
Some people experience smooth, coin-sized bald spots.
This type of hair loss usually affects just the scalp, but it sometimes also occurs in beards or eyebrows.
In some cases, your skin may become itchy or painful before the hair falls out.
- Sudden loosening of hair.
A physical or emotional shock can cause hair to loosen.
Handfuls of hair may come out when combing or washing your hair or even after gentle tugging.
This type of hair loss usually causes overall hair thinning and not bald patches.
- Full-body hair loss.
Some conditions and medical treatments, such as chemotherapy for cancer, can result in the loss of hair all over your body.
The hair usually grows back.
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp.
This is a sign of ringworm. It may be accompanied by broken hair, redness, swelling and, at times, oozing.
Causes of Hair Loss
Medications and Drug Use
Home Remedies For Hairfall
This ingredient has several benefits for your hair. Not only does it promote hair growth, but also conditions it.
It has essential fats, minerals and proteins which reduce hair breakage and is also rich in potassium and iron.
You can use coconut oil or milk to prevent hair fall.
- Warm a bit of coconut oil and massage it from your hair root to tip.
- Wash after one hour.
- Or, grate a coconut and squeeze out its milk by mixing in a little water.
- Apply it on the area where you notice thinning or balding.
- Let it stay overnight and wash off the next morning.
- Onion juice
Onion is a rich source of sulphur which helps in hair growth by increasing collagen production.
Using its juice on the scalp can help in controlling hair fall.
- Chop one onion finely and squeeze out its juice.
- Apply the juice on your scalp and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Now rinse with a mild shampoo and let your hair air dry.
- Use this twice a week to see results.
Like onion, garlic too has high sulphur content. This is the reason why it is used in traditional hair regrowth medicines.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic.
- Add coconut oil to it and boil the mixture for a few minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit and then massage it on your scalp.
- You can leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair.
- Do this two times in a week.
- Amla or Indian gooseberry
For people suffering from hair fall, amla or the Indian gooseberry is a blessing. It is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants that can reverse hair loss if it is in its initial stage.
- Use either amla juice or powder and mix it with lemon juice.
- Apply it on the scalp and leave it to dry.
- Rinse hair using lukewarm water
Also called shoe flower, hibiscus nourishes hair, prevents premature greying, treats dandruff and also controls hair fall.
- Crush a few flowers and mix sesame or coconut oil to make a paste.
- Apply on the scalp and hair and leave it on for a few hours.
- Rinse off with cold water using a mild shampoo.
Hair fall is one of the most common problems we face today. What is also common is our lack of knowledge about the wonderful and simple ways through which we can treat the condition.
With the above home remedies, be confident of overcoming the hair fall problem.
For a complete hair care solution call our Ayurveda Experts at +91 8050801515
or for free online consultation visit: http://bit.ly/kevaayurvedaa