Lets understand Stomach Ulcers.
There is no clear evidence to suggest that the stress of modern life or a steady diet of fast food causes ulcers in the stomach and small intestine,
but they are nonetheless common in our society
the conventional wisdom was that ulcers form as a result of stress, a genetic predisposition to excessive stomach acid secretion,
and poor lifestyle habits (including overindulging in rich and fatty foods, alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco).
It was believed that such influences contribute to a buildup of stomach acids that erode the protective lining of the stomach, duodenum, or esophagus.
While excessive stomach acid secretion certainly plays a role in the development of ulcers, a relatively recent theory holds that bacterial infection is the primary cause of peptic ulcers
Symptoms Of Stomach Ulcer
When symptoms occur, they may include:
- A gnawing or burning pain in the middle or upper stomach between meals or at night
- Nausea or vomiting
In severe cases, symptoms can include:
- Dark or black stool
- Vomiting blood
- Weight loss
- Severe pain in the mid to upper abdomen
Causes Of Ulcer
Certain factors and behaviors can put you at higher risk for developing stomach ulcers:
- Frequent use of steroids (such as those for treating asthma)
- Hypercalcemia (overproduction of calcium)
- Family history of stomach ulcers
- Being over 50 years old
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Top 5 Home Remedies For Ulcers
Cabbage is a great remedy for a stomach ulcer. Being a lactic acid food, cabbage helps produce an amino acid that stimulates blood flow to the stomach lining.
This in turn helps strengthen the stomach lining and heal the ulcer.
Plus, cabbage contains a good amount of vitamin C, which has been found to be particularly beneficial for patients with H. pylori infections.
Also, experiments indicate that fresh carrot juice contains an anti-peptic ulcer factor (vitamin U).
- Cut one half of a raw head of cabbage and two carrots into small pieces and put them in a blender to extract the juice.
- Drink one-half cup of this juice before each meal and at bedtime.
- Repeat daily for a few weeks. Be sure to use fresh juice each time.
For stomach ulcer treatment, both ripe and unripe bananas are very effective.
There are certain antibacterial compounds in bananas that inhibit the growth of ulcer-causing H. pylori.
Bananas also protect the system by wiping out the acidity of gastric juices.
This helps reduce inflammation and also strengthens the stomach lining.
- To treat an ulcer, eat at least three ripe bananas a day. If you do not like eating bananas, you can make banana milkshakes.
- Alternatively, peel two or three bananas and cut them into thin slices. Put the slices in the sun until they become dry.
Grind the dried banana pieces into a fine powder. Mix together two tablespoons of this powder and one tablespoon of honey.
Take this mixture three times a day for about a week.
Coconut is very good for people suffering from stomach ulcers because of its antibacterial qualities.
It kills the bacteria that cause ulcers. Moreover, coconut milk and coconut water have anti-ulcer properties.
- Drink a few cups of fresh coconut milk or tender coconut water daily.
Also, eat the kernel of the tender coconut. Follow this treatment for at least one week to get positive results.
- Alternatively, take one tablespoon of coconut oil in the morning and another at night for one week.
As coconut oil is mainly composed of medium-chain fatty acids, it can be easily digested.
Raw honey has potent healing properties that help a lot in the treatment of stomach ulcers.
An enzyme called glucose oxidase in honey produces hydrogen peroxide, which in turn kills harmful bacteria that cause ulcers.
Plus, it soothes and reduces the inflammation of the stomach lining.
- Take two tablespoons of raw honey daily, early in the morning on an empty stomach.
It will help cleanse the bowel, strengthen the stomach lining, and prevent and treat stomach ulcers.
Antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of garlic can keep levels of the Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria in check,
which contribute to the development of stomach ulcers.
- Simply take two to three crushed garlic cloves followed by a glass of water during the day.
Do this on a daily basis to ease inflammation in the stomach and prevent stomach ulcers
The primary objective of the Ayurvedic treatment is to bring this ulcer into the condition of healing sore.
Snehapana or intake of medicated ghee has excellent healing effect when advised along with few dietary instructions such as frequent well balanced meals, avoiding carbonated drinks alcohol, tea, coffee and managing worries through positive attitude and stress management techniques.
If the symptoms prolong, call us at +91 8050801515
Or visit us at www.kevaayurveda.com for free online consultation