Why You Should Apply to Be KPCC’s Next Managing Editor
One of the top public radio stations in the country is looking for a managing editor to lead our amazing team of reporters, editors and producers. These are serious times, and accurate, deeply reported local news has never been more important.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Lead an innovative, public service newsroom in the most dynamic city in the world.
- Strengthen the civic and cultural bonds that unite Southern California’s diverse communities.
- Make things that matter to the people who live here — with the people who live here.
- Hold powerful people accountable.
- Identify and invest in Southern California’s next generation of journalists
Your coworkers, should you choose to apply:
- Care deeply about the relationships we have with our community members.
- Are excited to try new things across digital, broadcast and live event platforms and will support you in your efforts to do same.
- Believe in facts and the critical role local news plays in shaping democracy.
- Enjoy exploring SoCal, competing in trivia contests, and dressing up for Halloween…a lot.
- Have organized a “Quality of Life” team to ensure we balance our work with our lives — or at least try to.
Your elevator pitch, should you choose to introduce yourself:
- Lifelong learner who needs to understand how things work (and don’t).
- Sees opportunity for growth where others may panic.
- Takes joy in coworkers’ success and elevates the people around you.
- Passionate about the role a free press plays in democracy.
- Has been secretly editing this post the entire time and have noticed several errors.
The application, should you choose to join our amazing team:
Please go to our HR site and review the post. You’ll find more details there.
(Pro tip: read the special instructions regarding the cover letter.)
Follow us @KPCC on Twitter or Instagram to see more of our work.