What We’re Reading — Nov 21, 2016
Hello Community Development world — every Monday, LISC’s national communications team shares the most interesting articles they’ve read over the last week.
For the next few months, we’re going to try publicly sharing our reading list. Please let us know if you find it useful by contacting us via Medium or Twitter
- Maurice Jones lays out “Audacious Goals” in first major policy speech for LISC — LISC.org
6. Ohio Mayors are finding it hard to get their agenda passed at the state level, so they’re banding together to make their voices heard at the in the state legislature. — Next City
8. The Obama administration’s 2010 Strategic Plan on Homelessness is on track to completely eliminate veteran homelessness and could eliminate chronic homelessness completely if the Trump administration continues its policies. Citylab citylab
9. President-Elect Trump has vowed to deport millions of undocumented immigrants and completely cut off federal aid to the “Sanctuary Cities” that have pledged to protect their residents. Citylab maps out where the municipalities where the showdown will happen.
10. Next City has an in-depth report on how the 11th st. Bridge Park in Southeast DC is a model for how major urban projects can incorporate equitable development and anti-displacement policies.