5 things I have learned from blogging everyday for one year.
IT’S MY BLOG’S ANNIVERSARY!
🎶Happy blogday to me! Happy blogday to me!🎶
Last year on May 5th, 2016, I created my blog on Medium.
Then I read Jonas Ellison’s post about blogging everyday for one year which made me want to embark on the same journey as him. Now here I am, one year later celebrating my one year of daily blogging. What a crazy first year it has been!
Here are 5 things that I’ve learned from blogging everyday for one year:
- I’ve learned a lot about myself. I’ve been able to properly put into words all of my thoughts and feelings. Which is a pretty hard thing to do to be honest. But it allowed me to really know what I was feeling or what I was thinking about. Putting everything in written words really puts things into perspective and you really see things more clearly.
- I’ve learned a lot about other people. By writing I also became a reader. I’ve always loved reading growing up but daily blogging really rekindled my love for reading. I’ve read a lot of interesting stories. And some of my readers have shared their own stories with me too which I’ve enjoyed reading immensely! So thank you all for sharing your stories/journeys with me!
- I’ve learned that people care about my opinion and somehow respect it. Whether they agree or not, people have been reading my words and they’ve been responding to me. That is what lead my words to be published on websites such as The Huffington Post, Thought Catalog and Besomebody.com. Who would have thought that my words would end up on any of those websites? I certainly didn’t! But I am so grateful for all the wonderful opportunities that daily blogging has brought me!
- I’ve learned that I’m a good writer. I’m not the best in any way but a good one nonetheless. I’ve learned to be consistent and I’ve learned to show up (almost) every single day. I’ve learned to edit my words and reformulate things in a more comprehensible way. I’ve learned to write other things such as short stories or poems. Although, I did write short stories and songs growing up but having a blog really enabled me to use my writing skills to the fullest.
- I’ve learned that I could inspire other people and touch other people with my words. I never would have thought that my words would have such an impact but when I see comments such as these:
It really makes my heart tingle. It’s very strange to know that you’ve inspired someone. And those kind of messages inspire me to inspire even more. I’ve never seen myself as an inspiration (still don’t) but if there is one thing that I really want to do before I die is to make this world a better place. And if that means sharing my story with the world and helping others with their own stories then that is what I am going to do. I don’t hold all the answers but I hope that I can help somehow.
Thank you again to everyone who decided to follow me on this journey! I wish you all the best and may all your dreams come true! ♡
Let me know what you thought about this story by leaving a comment. Clicking the heart button is optional, but appreciated. Following me is required, if you want to read more stories by yours truly. And subscribing to my newsletter could be quite practical!
Thank you for stopping by, hope you’ve had a nice stay! ❤︎