Seafood Lover’s Paradise - Parmesan Crusted Crab Cakes
In all honesty, crab cakes are super easy and convenient to make. They don’t take long to cook, and you can serve them as a lip-smacking entrée for a large crowd. None will object.
Crabs are an absolute delight for the seafood lover (we’re included). The moist meat of the crab turns out to be a pure delicacy when cooked with even the simplest of ingredients. It’s treasure for the seafood lover to behold and enjoy. Every bite of it.
We just got hold of what looked like the perfect crab cake recipe at www.myrecipes.com and thought to add a little flavor of our own to share it with you all. You see, when us foodies find a recipe, we always want to add our own bit of flavor for the zing!
So, we tried it during the holiday season, and our guests LOVED it. It’s a bonus when your guests can’t stop praising you for something you’ve cooked with your heart and soul. So, without further ado, here’s the delicious parmesan crusted crab cake recipe:
Things you’ll need:
- 1 pound of minced crab meat (drained and cleaned)
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- Juice of ¼ small lemon
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 whole egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 3-oz cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ cup bread crumbs (preferably panko)
- Preheat oven to 300–350 degrees. 350 degrees works for me, but see what temperature works best for you. Grease 24 muffin cups with butter.
- In a bowl stir cream cheese until it runs smooth. Add ¾ cup parmesan cheese, onions, mayo, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, 1 beaten egg, parsley and cilantro. Mix all ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine: the remaining parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, and melted butter. Fold together until the mixture is moist and firm.
- Add a tablespoon of breadcrumb mixture in each muffin cup and flatten on the bottom and sides to make crust. Now put equal amounts of crab meat mixture in each muffin cup (1 tablespoon each).
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until they’re the beautiful golden brown. Pull out from the oven and let the cakes cool for a few minutes.
- When cool, run a knife around the muffin cups to help loosen up the freshly made crab cakes. Scoop them out in a dish to serve warm with your choice of dip. Choose from aioli, sriracha sauce, or spicy mayo. It’s up to you!
As we write this here, we can’t help but think about the delicious crusty coat of parmesan with a moist crab meat center. That’s how the perfect crab cake tastes like. This recipe is easy to make and takes little prep time. You can get the delicious dish ready and served on the table in about 60–80 minutes. So even if you have guests who plan to come in on a short notice, you can always serve them with some fresh parmesan crab cakes — right out of the oven. Happy eating!