Top 10 Slack Communities for Entrepreneurs
Slack is a real-time communication platform for teams.
According to the New York Times:
“After only a year in operation, Slack now serves about half a million workers every day as a partial replacement for email, instant messaging and face-to-face meetings.
Slack is being used as the primary means of communication at companies of every size across a range of industries. Customers include Comcast, Walmart, Blue Bottle Coffee, a large number of start-ups and several media companies, including The New York Times.”
While Slack was originally built as a replacement for email for teams inside corporations, it is now starting to be used for something a little more interesting…
Since the internet was first brought to the masses, humans have been joining together in online communities with like-minded people.
Most people have at least been part of a Facebook Group. I’m part of several Facebook Groups for entrepreneurs and marketers, and have benefited enormously from them.
The #1 benefit of these types of small, private communities is that you can leverage the collective brain power of the whole group. This enables you to discover information, resources and tools you didn’t know about otherwise.
It also allows you to help, and be helped, and get quick answers to your questions from people with experience in your field.
When growing my first two businesses, the Skype and Facebook Groups I was part of were absolutely vital to getting the answers I needed quickly, and I owe a lot of my success to these groups.
There are now hundreds of Private Slack Communities based on specific topics. These communities are providing enormous value to their members, and many of them are bringing in big-name guests to do Q&A sessions with, conducting training, and connecting entrepreneurs together to build exciting new businesses.
But, why not stick with Facebook Groups?
The problem with Facebook Groups is that once you post, you have to wait until the right person opens Facebook, goes to the Group, and then sees your post in order to get the help you need.
It’s slow, it’s somewhat disconnected, and it can be hard to find the answers you need.
In a 24/7, instant gratification, interconnected world, we need to be faster.
That’s where Slack comes in.
Slack is Real-Time
Slack allows you to set up “Channels” for different topics/purposes.
Inside each Channel is a chat room, essentially.
Everything is real-time.
This allows teams to collaborate and work super fast.
In addition, you can upload files, “Star” posts to favorite them and “Pin” posts to Channels for later reference.
10. Maker Hunt — The slack community for driven product makers from the Product Hunt community
9. Focus Asia — Access great people, insights, and the hottest opportunities in Asia’s tech and startup scene.
8. Founded X — Not focused on famous startup hubs but build around the underdogs that develop tomorrow’s innovations and are eager to participate in the worldwide startup economy.
7. Startup Study Group — A community for entrepreneurs: future, current, and former founders. Goal is to become the most useful tool for this community by learning “Startup as a Second Language” together.
6. YoungStartups.io — A community for teen and young adult entrepreneurs.
5. Female Founders — A community for female founders and entrepreneurs all over the world.
4. The VC Club — Need investment for your startup? Find a way to connect to this community of VCs, angels, advisors, and founders discussing things like fundraising, market opportunities & trends, deal intelligence, sourcing & events, and investment theses/frameworks.
3. #LAUNCH — A community of like-minded entrepreneurs, designers, developers, & makers. #Launch is a place to collaborate, discuss new products, find work, get feedback, or even find a co-founder.
2. #startups — Engage with over 3000 founders and investors from across the globe. #startup facilitates discussions, Q&A’s, AMA’s, feedback and braintrusts.
- Launch Tribe — An Elite Community of Entrepreneurs and Marketers.
Every day, our community is engaging, answering each other’s questions, giving each other expert advice and feedback, and uniting their brilliant minds to accomplish great things!
In addition, we have a Resource Library full of videos, articles, tools and resources we actually use in our businesses!
We also conduct Weekly Google Hangouts and Q&A sessions with our Monthly Guest Expert!
You’ll never be alone. And you’ll always be able to find the answer you need.
We can’t wait to have you!
Check out our 3 Part Series: What is Launch Tribe?
Originally published at launchyourrevolution.com on February 17, 2016.