April Millennial Spotlight: Camille Ricketts on Giving
To add more perspective to the intention of giving, we’re excited to share our first Millennial Spotlight featuring Camille Ricketts — a Bay Area-based Millennial Changemaker who believes in the power of giving back to empower others.
In our conversation, Camille shared a multi-dimensional view of giving that highlights…
- How you can give wherever you are in your career
- Common blocks to giving (and receiving) that Millennials and their managers experience
- Why we must slow down in order to understand what and how to give
- How perfectionism gets in the way of giving and failure moves us forward
- Ways to create and live a socially impactful life (whatever stage of leadership you’re in!)
Camille’s Strategies of Giving
- Take time to think about the people you know and what will really help advance them in the direction they want to go.
- What blocks people the most is believing in scarcity instead of abundance.
- One of the most generous things can do is talk freely and openly about the times you have failed.
- No matter where you are in your career, look at the potential impact that your role is having. You’d be surprised at how many lives you’re actually touching.
- We need to give ourselves room to breathe and be thoughtful about what we need to do next.
- One of the best things you can do to live a socially impactful life is to be generous with what you know.
- Be patient and let things unfold. Beautiful things can happen when you give them time.
More About Camille
Camille heads content and marketing and early-stage venture capital firm First Round. Based in San Francisco, she pioneered The First Round Review to deliver incredible stories and actionable insights to entrepreneurs. Previously, she shaped content strategy for microfinance nonprofit Kiva and managed communications for electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors. Before that, Camille worked as a journalist at VentureBeat and The Wall Street Journal. She holds a B.A. in history from Stanford University.
Nominate a Changemaker
Do you know a Millennial leader who is changing the world (or has BIG plans to)? I’d love to connect with them and feature their story! Click here to complete the short nomination form.
Be the Revolution,
Executive Coach + Lifestyle Strategist for Millennial Leaders + Managers
Originally published at leadwithintention.com/blog on April 13, 2016.
Curious to learn more?
Connect with Leslie@LeadWithIntention.com or subscribe to the Leading Insights Newsletter to receive the latest posts, updates, and special offers*
*Don’t worry, we don’t share your information and only send 1–2 message/month since we hate SPAM, too!
More About Leslie
Leslie M. Bosserman, M.Ed., CPCC, is an Executive Coach + Lifestyle Strategist designing customized leadership solutions for Millennial Leaders and their Managers. With a background in strengths-based leadership development and applied positive psychology, she runs a multi-disciplinary practice called Lead With Intention where she coaches, trains, and consults with clients around the world.
Leslie works with a variety of clients ranging from top executives at worldwide corporations to creative entrepreneurs and non-profit teams. She is an avid artist who also enjoys traveling, karaoke, cooking ethnic food, writing in local coffee shops, and practicing yoga.
Leslie lives in Northern California and travels internationally for coaching, organizational trainings, and retreat facilitation. You can connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Medium or send her an email at Leslie@LeadWithIntention.com to learn how to partner together.