Applying for Bank Jobs in India
Bagging a job in a bank is one of the most desirable career options one can opt for. While a banking job is luring and attractive, there are a number of things you need to take into consideration before you apply for a job. If you don’t follow the instructions and apply for the job in the right manner, you will end up losing the opportunity of getting the job. However, if you follow the simple tricks in a systematic manner, you will end up getting a job in the bank of your choice. Here’s what you need to keep in mind while applying for a job in a bank.
Banks in India first originated around the 18th century and the first banks was the General Bank of India and Hindustan Bank. Since then, banks have been on the rise and there are a number of banks in India that are well established. These banks are in some way responsible for the cash flow in the country. Establishing a career in a bank is a responsible call and if you’re keen on taking up a banking job, you should be serious about how to move ahead.
A banking job is a respectable job and you need to earn the job in order to begin you career with a bank. There are a number of reputed banks in India in the private and public sector which include banks such as Yes Bank, ICICI, Axis Bank, HDFC, IDBI, State Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank and Bank of India to name a few. These banks are always on the lookout for potential candidates to handle the affairs of the bank in a smooth manner. While some people manage to bag high position jobs in a bank due to their educational degree, others have the opportunity to grow as they work with the bank.
While most people look for the perfect jobs in banking, there are very few who are eligible to apply. The minimum educational qualification to apply for a bank job is graduation. Candidates must also have apt knowledge of accounts and mathematics and must also understand financial markets and banking transactions. These skills are extremely useful while working in a bank.
One of the first things to do before attempting to join a bank is to be in touch with all the updates, bank news and vacancies that are released every year. Many banks issue recruitment notifications every year. These jobs either require you to apply online or in many cases offline as per the information that is provided in these notifications. All candidates have to go through a step by step process while applying for a bank job.
· IBPS: The IBPS of the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection offers training to all the candidates that want to land a job in a bank. They also conduct examinations for these candidates and the score of the IBPS exams is used as eligibiliy criteria by many banks.
· Written Exam: Each bank conducts its own written exams. These exams are conducted to check the candidate’s efficiency in various topics such as General Knowledge, Mathematics, English and Financial Markets.
· Personal Interview: A personal interview is nothing but a face to face interaction between the candidates and the selection committee of the bank. This round is used to just the decision making and the personality of the candidate.
· Appointment Letter: Once a candidate gets selected for the job, he / she is given an appointment letter stating the role and the requirements that come with it.
· Training: The initial six months in the job will be the training phase of the candidate. During this phase the candidate would be taught various working strategies and requirements that are associated with a banking job.
Information Share By MyPrivateTutor.com