How We Can Serve Today’s Internet-Savvy Travelers
by Barret Newberry, CEO, Leasera
A quick note: I’ve been asked a lot about our travel benefits and how those might affect renters as well as why we include travelers in the first place. Let me start with this notion; whether you’re renting space for two days or 2 years, aren’t you still a renter? By starting with this simplified perspective, we’ve been able to dramatically change the ecosystem into a fast, value intensive and flexible market for what we’re identifying as the renter-traveler. Leasera now expresses a unique model and ability to serve a unified consumer base.
The online travel marketplace is booming, but along with the boom, significant change is on the horizon. Travelers are slowly beginning to re-categorize themselves along with the changing offerings influenced by flexible durations of stay and new accommodation types that serve these changes. New consumers want better ways to search for, book and manage travel accommodations. It’s time to change the retail travel industry by responding to the demands of today’s modern travelers.
The solution lies in three primary areas:
- Driving consistency — Unifying smart options for travel search, booking, and account-management into one online portal
- Addressing the needs and value of travel renters — Recognizing guests as valued customers and treating them accordingly
- Focusing on tenant satisfaction — Offering loyalty and rewards to loyal users
Let’s take a look at each area to better understand how the travel-rental paradigm is changing, and how Leasera has responded to the demands of today’s web-savvy consumers who travel for work and play.
Driving consistency— People want to search for / book / manage travel accommodations in one place
Tech is having a profound effect on the travel accommodation industry, allowing service providers the opportunity to improve convenience, accessibility, and efficiency. That’s why I started Leasera and created a business model centered around this concept. It involves:
- Cutting administrative red tape and costs with one lease — Travelers can stay at any property in our network, anywhere, for any length of time, all with a single lease.
- Creating one platform for multiple needs — We’ve figured out a way to create enough value for travelers to use one platform for multiple travel-related needs. This includes searching for and booking accommodations, and managing those bookings all through the same portal.
- Providing abundant choices — Travelers can currently make reservations at over millions of our affiliate properties worldwide, and even that vast number is expanding as I write and we couldn’t be more excited.
Address the Needs and Value of Today’s Traveler
Millennials and Gen-Xers have changed the way we do business. They don’t want to visit multiple sites to deal with every aspect involved with traveling, and they don’t want to pay big commission fees to book travel accommodations. Here are a couple of ways we’re addressing the needs and demands we’re seeing:
- Providing better service — This can involve providing more value than ever before to travelers with a one-stop-shop tech platform, allowing users to rate and provide feedback on places they stay, and encouraging them to earn rewards for being amazing consumers. It also means demanding that our affiliates provide top-tier facilities and services, and respond quickly and respectfully to booking, maintenance and service requests.
- Redemption commissions for booking through the site — Popular websites like Airbnb or Booking.com charge hotels between 20 to 30 percent commission, and this directly affects the final price for guests. Alternatively, Leasera offers a redemption when travel accommodations are booked through our portal, which makes the average price for hotels on the Leasera marketplace typically at least 10 percent lower than the majority of online alternatives. Additionally, consumers end up with a redemption towards future bookings.
Focus on Guest Satisfaction and Incentives
With all the options available to today’s travelers, it’s more important than ever to make sure the people who use Leasera are happy they did so. We:
- Make sure hotels and vacation rental affiliates value their guests — Happy customers are repeat customers, so we always want to make each of our users feel appreciated. We help them save time by providing one platform to communicate desires, request services, provide feedback, change accommodations, make payments and reserve accommodations for future travel plans. We monitor the feedback to ensure we’re always offering the highest-quality options to travelers.
- Rewards program for travelers — Today’s online-savvy customer is used to loyalty rewards programs and they’ve come to expect them. Our programs include points-based systems where users earn rewards including discounts on future travel accommodations and prizes like free rooms and passes to events. This is a blanket value proposition for all properties within our system, not just the ones that can pay the most for loyalty.
Want to learn more? Visit us today to learn more about how we’re responding to user demands and creating a user-empowered revolution in the rental-travel industry.
Also please do check out our previous posts:
- How Renters Finally Get Their Money’s Worth
- CREtech NY Venture Conference, Highlights Innovation & Sparks Interest in Leasera
LEASERA is the only accommodations leasing platform serving the travel and rental demographic with benefits and options across a variety of property client partnerships. Supported by management companies, hotels, travel rentals, private equity firms and real estate investment trusts as well as the community and consumers we care for. LEASERA offers intelligent leasing-as-a-service platform connecting a self-sustaining ecosystem of supportive tools and service providers. A single, connected leasing network offering clients value and loyalty, and consumers flexibility, accommodation and duration optionality,and benefits for travelers and renters.