Changing company directors

So, you want to go about changing company directors. Or maybe a company director got married and changed their name. Or perhaps the director changed their residential address, or even their postal address. Here’s what you need to do. It’s quite simple really!

You’ll need to submit these two documents to the Corporate Affairs Commission:

  • Board Resolution
  • CAC Form 7A

Don’t let the word “Board Resolution” scare you off. A Board Resolution is just a way to document that your Board of Directors have made a decision on behalf of the company.

CAC Form 7A is a versatile form and can be used for adding or removing directors from a company. It can also be used when directors have changed their residential or postal address.

Take a look at CAC Form 7A here

Or maybe, you’re not yet at that stage. Perhaps you’re just registering your company now and want to choose the first directors of your company. You can get started with the Particulars of Directors online. It only takes a few minutes to get started.

Looking for other legal documents? Click here.

Originally published at on August 31, 2016.