Making an existing company a shareholder in another company
As many of you know, individuals can be shareholders in a company. Companies can also be shareholders in a company, almost as if the company was a person.
In this article, you’ll find out how to go about making an existing company a shareholder in another company.
It’s not a very difficult process. In fact it’s a very similar process to making an individual a shareholder, with a couple of extra steps.
Existing company as a shareholder in another company: Procedure
The following documents must be provided to the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Fill out the Statement of Share Capital Questionnaire using the existing company as a shareholder.
- Fill out the Particulars of Directors Questionnaire. Decide which representatives from the existing company will serve on the board of the new company.
- Board Resolution indicating the board’s approval of the subscription of shares in the new company
- An eCopy of the Certificate of Incorporation
- Fill out all other company registration documents.
Looking to register a new company in Nigeria? Get started with Step 1.
Let us know what you think in the comments. All questions are welcome.