3 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
We know that in the morning you’d better lie in bed for 20 more minutes than get up and make yourself a good breakfast before going to work. But do these 20 minutes really make you feel better? We doubt it. But a healthy breakfast in the very beginning of a hard-working day will surely give you enough energy and help to stay in high spirits during the daytime. So, here are some ideas of what you can cook for breakfast — a cup of hot coffee will suit any of them perfectly.
Chocolate Banana Oatmeal
Oatmeal is considered to be one of the healthiest options for breakfast. If you think it’s boring, we would recommend trying this recipe that will make you change your mind!
Oat flakes 1/2 cup
Milk 1/2 cup
Water 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder 1 tbsp
Sugar 1–2 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Coconut chips 1 tbsp
- Pour the oat flakes, cocoa powder, hot water and milk into a pan and stir.
- Add sugar and salt and cook over low heat for 7–10 minutes. Cover the pan and cool down a little.
- Dice the banana and add to the mixture together with the coconut powder. Serve warm.
An omelet breakfast is rich in protein and delicious. Make yourself a couple of toasts to make your breakfast more energetic!
Milk 4–5 tbsp
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Mozzarella cheese 2–3 slices
Basil to taste
- Beat the eggs with milk in a separate bowl. Add some salt and pepper.
- Slice the tomatoes and slightly fry them both sides in an oiled pan.
- Pour in the eggy mixture, cover with the slices of mozzarella cheese and simmer for 5–7 minutes or until the eggs are ready.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh basil.
Chicken Breast Sandwich
This recipe will make your morning routine a breeze! It is a good option when you have cooked chicken breasts for dinner and there are some of them left in the morning.
Chicken breasts (roasted, fried or boiled) 1
Lettuce leaves 1
Toast bread (slices) 2
- Slice the chicken breast, the tomato, and the cucumber.
- Cover one toast bread slice with a lettuce leave and lay out the chicken and the vegetables. You can also add your favorite sauce if you wish.
- Put the other bread slice on top and enjoy your breakfast!
Originally published at lifencooking.com on April 5, 2017.