Easy Homemade Chili Recipe
This simple yet yummy and flavorful homemade chili may be your new favorite dish to serve to friends for a casual get-together. Try it!
Lean ground beef 1½ lb
Green bell pepper 1
Garlic 2 cloves
Diced tomatoes 2 cans
Red kidney beans 2 cans
Chili powder 2 tbsp
Ground cumin 1 tsp
Bay leaf 1
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
- Place lean ground beef, chopped onion and bell pepper in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring until meat is browned and the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, minced garlic, bay leaf, ground cumin, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the kidney beans (rinsed and drained), bring to a boil again, then reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness is achieved.
Originally published at lifencooking.com on April 4, 2017.