Homemade Banana Pudding Recipe
Less than ten ingredients, including vanilla wafers, are combined in this quick and easy banana pudding recipe. Simple, yet delicious homemade dessert is going to be loved by all!
Flour 4 tbsp
Egg yolks 3
Sugar 1½ cups
Salt a pinch
Milk 3 cups
Vanilla 1 tsp
Vanilla wafer 1 box
- In a heavy saucepan, combine flour, sugar and salt.
- In a large bowl, slightly beat egg yolks and stir in milk.
- Mix the egg and milk mixture with dry ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over at a low to medium heat, stir constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool down.
- Place vanilla wafers on the bottom of the glass mixing bowl.
- Slice bananas and place on top of wafers.
- Pour one-third of custard over wafers and bananas.
- Repeat the layering until all ingredients are used.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Add topping, if desired.
Originally published at lifencooking.com on March 14, 2017.