Magnificent Carrot Cake
If you have always been afraid of cooking a cake by yourself, these times are now over! The carrot cake is definitely a good start — it is not very difficult to make and tastes like heaven. Whether you are going to throw a birthday party or to please the members of your family at the weekend, this cake will suit perfectly!
Carrot Cake Recipe
Vegetable oil 1 cup
All-purpose flour 3 cups
Carrots 1 lb
Brown sugar 1 cups
Cinnamon 1 tsp
Baking powder 2 tsp
Walnuts 0.5 lb
Butter 1/3 cup
Salt 0.5 tsp
Philadelphia cheese 0.5 lb
Mascarpone 0.5 lb
Powdered sugar 2 cups
- Let’s start with the nuts. Put them in the 320°F oven for 7–10 minutes to make them crispy. After that mix the nuts with 1.5 tbsp of butter and 0.5 tsp of salt and let them cool down.
- Zest the orange and squeeze juice from it.
- Mix the flour, the baking powder, the sugar, the cinnamon and the zest in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix the orange juice, the eggs and the vegetable oil.
- Grate the carrots and chop the nuts.
- Gently mix all the ingredients and put the dough into 3 baking dishes of the same size (you can use one dish but in this case you will have to bake it twice as longer).
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes (if you have 3 dishes) or for 50 minutes (if you bake all the dough in one dish). Cool down. If you have only one dish you will have to slice the cake into 2–4 layers.
- Beat the butter until tender, gradually adding cream cheese, mascarpone and powdered sugar. The cheeses have to be room temperature.
- After the icing is ready, start to assemble the cake by taking one of the layers and making it your base. Ice the top of it, add the next layer, ice the top of it and so on. Ice the top and the sides of the whole cake and decorate it as you wish — you can use some walnuts for that, for example.
Originally published at lifencooking.com on June 9, 2017.