You’ve been invited to be part of a recipe exchange!
Please send a recipe to the person whose name is listed in the number 1 position above (even if you don’t know them) and it should be something quick, easy, without rare ingredients. Actually, the best is the one you know in your head, and can type out and send right now. Send this to 20 friends. You should receive 36 recipes. It is fun to see where these recipes come from! Seldom does anyone drop out because we can all use new recipes! Thanks, Lisa. Looking forward to your submission.
Thanks so very much for including me in an email chain.
These never-fail treats brighten any afternoon and make for wonderful trick-or-treats for those devilish neighborhood children.
1. Go to Safeway, the super-sub-par supermarket, and purchase one box of Duncan Heinz Brownie Mix and one can of Devil’s Food Chocolate frosting.
2. Return back to the pad and fry up a huge pinch of your roommate’s stash in half a pound of butter.
3. Make brownies according to instructions on the back of the box.
4. Get stoned with your roommate’s stash and pipe.
5. Mix the butter mixture into the brownie mixture.
6. Pop mixture into the oven for the directed amount of time. Don’t forget to set the timer!
7. Get stoned and watch Top Chef. Eat the frosting out of the can with your fingers.
8. Remove brownies from oven and let cool. Careful! They’re hot!
9. Frost cooled brownies with left-over frosting.
10. Invite your friends over for brownies, ice-cream and reality TV.
I don’t really cook with recipes, so it’ll be impossible for me to participate in the recipe swap. I cook by feel and what I find in season at the farmer’s markets or from my roommate’s top drawer.
OK, so you’re gonna pull me from such emails in the future, right??
Miss and love you, Gaby.