The First Global Litecoin Summit takes place Next Week!
There will be over 40 speakers for the two day event.
The First ever Global Litecoin Summit is almost here! Next week 14–15th September innoveators from across the blockchain space will convene at the South San Francisco conference center to give their insights into how the space is evolving along with numerous announcements. Hosted by the Litecoin foundation, the event will feature Litecoin creator Charlie Lee as the headliner alongside other industry leaders including:
- Elizabeth Stark, CEO of Lightning labs who are pioneering development of the lightning network implementation, LND.
- Eric Winer, VP Engineering Gemini, the US based exchange ran by the billionaire Winklevoss twins Tyler and Cameron
- Diego Guriérrez Zaldivar, CEO RSK Labs who are a leader in smart contract side chains built on top of the Bitcoin and Litecoin networks
- Adam Draper, managing director of Boost VC a key investor in many cryptocurrency startups
- Alex Bosworth, Co-Founder of Source Labs and lead maintainer on the submarine swaps platform that is advancing the implementation of atomic swaps for blockchains.
- Bill Barhydt, CEO of Abra an investment platform bringing cryptocurrency to the masses.
- Michael Ou, Ceo of CoolbitX a newcomer to the cryptocurrency hardware wallet space.
- Franklyn Richards & Xinxi Wang, founding directors of the Litecoin Foundation, a singapore based non profit that advances and promotes the growth of the Litecoin ecosystem.
- Rytis Bieliauskas & Vilius Emanas, CTO and COO of Coingate a leader in merchant solutions connecting cryptocurrency to traditional finance.
… To name but a few. There will be over 40 speakers for the two day event and numerous sponsors on display showing off their latest products and services for attendees to check out.
The whole event is being hosted by Naomi Brockwell, the TV and crypto personality praised for her insightful interviews with key figures and celebrities within the crypto space, so the event is set to be a great time for not just Litecoin fans and supporters, but crypto folk in general. There’s a wealth of information and talent on display from all across the crypto space and it looks to be a fantastic first outing for the foundation.
The Summit speakers will be covering everything from smart contracts to scaling blockchains, interconnectivity between digital assets, designing the future of digital currencies, payment adoption, bridging the gap between merchants and consumers, the importance of non custodial wallets, how to secure users funds, taxation, regulation, atomic swaps, banking with blockchains and the social impact of these systems. Again to name a few the whole itinerary is very comprehensive and looks to provide a great opportunity for those attending, to learn and meet like minded people, as well as the numerous speakers and sponsors.
Speculation has also started to build regarding possible announcements and partnerships especially from Gemini who are a platinum sponsor of the summit. Gemini have yet to list Litecoin for trading on their platform and many expect an official announcement at the event, however they continue to remain tight lipped for now.
CoolWallet have also publicly stated they will be making an announcement during the summit and have advised people to keep an eye out.
Luckily the summit will be streamed live and hosted on Litecoin.com so those unable to make it in person can still catch the latest news and announcement as it unfolds as well as potentially ask a few questions via the stream. However for those looking to attend in person, tickets and itinerary for the entire event can be found on the official site:
Book Tickets @ LitecoinSummit.org
Students go free for day 2 only with code “StudentpassLF”
We will of course be sure to follow up post summit to provide you a roundup of the event as well as cover the announcements made but for those of you attending, see you in San Fran.