I converted the arrays I created as mock data into JSON files to use as a seed for my Mongo database. After learning SQL/Sequelize, I realized that Mongo wasn’t quite as intuitive. Nonetheless, I built my database and was ready to add my routes. That’s when the fun began.
The first routes I built were standard GET requests for both of the collections in my database. They worked! I was excited. The next step was to add PUT requests. There was only one problem: they didn’t work.
I spent a while banging my head against the wall before meeting with my mentor, Rachel. I think it’s important to note that it was Friday night and we both had a long week. The following is a series of tweets that perfectly chronicle the evening:
Moral of the story: we solved the issue! My MVP went live shortly thereafter. Being able to work with a mentor has been extremely valuable. Rachel is constantly pushing me to make my code better. Plus, getting help when I’m stuck keeps me from giving up.
This upcoming week, I will be finishing up my Capstone project. Soon after that, I’ll start leaning React! As always, I’m very excited for what’s ahead.
Thanks for reading!