Who needs design tools for non-designers?
Savvy bloggers and business owners, that’s who!
Sound like you? Except maybe you don’t know where to begin with creating images.
You’re looking for the easiest graphic design tool.
You want the best graphic design software for beginners.
And it has to have free graphic design templates!
Then you’re in the right place — I’ll share and compare several popular graphic design tools — as well as some you haven’t even heard of yet.
You can do free graphic design online! All of these tools offer a free trial, and most have a free-forever version.
Pay a little more (currently from $8–29 paid monthly) and you’ll get some really great added features. I’ve been allowed to test some for free to bring you this in-depth report!
Disclosure: I’m an affiliate for some of these products, which means I may get a commission if you purchase. You won’t pay a cent more!
I’ve grouped these graphics creators by easiest, easy, and a quick overview of the pro tools.
Topics we’ll cover:
Why are images critical in your marketing?
EASIEST Graphic Design Tools
EASY Graphic Design Tools
Pro Level Design Tools
Plus a wrap-up at the end. Read on!
Why are images critical for marketing?
Humans are visual creatures! You need images to:
- Draw attention to your business.
- Stop the scroll on social media.
- Give people something to share from your blog.
- Create a positive feeling about your business.
Visuals are memorable and effective, because they help people process, understand, and retain more information more quickly.
Here are a few stats:
- The brain processes images 60,000 times faster than any other information.
- 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual.
- 40% of people respond better to visual information than text.
- When people hear information, they’re likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later, but if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later. (source)
- Blog articles with images get 94% more views. (source)
- Tweets with images receive 18% more click throughs, 89% more likes, and 150% more retweets.
Convinced yet? Get ready to try some design apps!
What’s the EASIEST graphic design software to use?
I’ve tried a lot, and these 3 are all super easy.
They’re perfect whether you’ve never designed anything in your life — or are a pro like me! The results are that good.
We’ll review Stencil, Snappa, and Over. The first two are browser-based tools, while Over is a mobile app.
The benefits to these 3 are:
- They’re as fast as it gets.
- No learning curve or tutorials needed.
- Design templates by pros — no design experience needed.
- Photos included at no extra charge.
- Resize your graphics for multiple platforms with a few clicks.
Each of these easiest design tools includes:
- Free searchable images with CC0 rights.
- Design templates included.
- Save your design to rework later.
- Organize your designs into collections / folders / circles.
- Fonts included.
- Upload your own logo and fonts.
- Dozens of social media sizes, ready to use.
Note: Some features may only be part of the paid plans.
Stencil Online Design Tool
The fastest way to double your social engagement is with this ridiculously simple image creation for social media marketers, bloggers and small businesses. Use it on your web browser.
- 1,400,000+ background photos, hundreds added weekly. Or upload your own.
- 650+ design templates, ready for you to edit.
- Upload and store every logo you need to create visuals for different brands.
- Make inspiring quote images in seconds by searching a collection of 100,000+ quotes, right in Stencil.
- Find the perfect font for your image by using any of Google’s thousands of web fonts!
- Or, match your brand perfectly by uploading your own fonts directly to Stencil
- Font styling includes shadow, outline, background color, and clone (duplicate).
- Vector icons are right at your fingertips, royalty-free and safe to use however you want.
- 34+ pre-loaded sizes for social networks, ads, blog posts and more. Or create your own!
- Magic resize to optimize for different platforms.
- Undo / redo and history, so you can change your mind as you design.
- Easy-to-use Chrome and Firefox extensions to create images on the fly.
- Live preview before you post to your social networks — or schedule via Buffer.
The free version of Stencil includes 10 images per month, limited backgrounds and icons.
Upgrade to Pro and create 50 images for $9 per month paid annually, or $15 billed monthly. Or pay a little more and upgrade to Unlimited!
With either paid plan, you can save your designs in Collections.
Snappa Online Design Tool
Another easy browser-based tool, Snappa saves you time every step of the way. Watch this video for an overview, or read the details below.
- Create highly engaging images in minutes with drag-and-drop.
- 40,000+ photos and 3,500+ graphics — royalty-free and licensed for commercial use.
- Or upload your own photos into Snappa, and they’re available for you to use.
- In addition to the 200+ fonts pre-loaded in Snappa, you can import your own custom fonts to keep your branding intact.
- Choose from hundreds of pre-made templates, available in multiple sizes and suitable for a wide range of niches.
- Image dimensions for social media, display ads, blogs, emails, and infographics are available as clickable presets.
- In two clicks, you can magically resize your graphics into any other size. Turn your Twitter header into a Facebook cover, your Instagram post into a Pinterest pin, or a Facebook ad into a billboard ad.
- Brand your images by uploading your own company logos and graphics.
- Save all your custom designs and organize them into folders. Edit a previous design in seconds.
- If you get stuck, you have unlimited access to video tutorials, help docs, answers to FAQs, and in-house email support.
- Snappa makes it easy to collaborate with your team. Share designs, folders, fonts, and other brand assets with ease. (Team plan only).
- Share your graphics to the popular social media platforms without leaving Snappa — or connect your Buffer account to schedule your posts.
- Play with photo effects until your graphic is perfect — no design experience required. Effects include color overlay, darken, blur, saturation, hue, brightness, and contrast.
A free Snappa account includes 5 downloads per month with limited templates.
Pro gives you unlimited downloads, templates, and social accounts for $10/month billed annually, or $15 monthly. Includes saved designs and folders. Plus there’s a Team account for up to 5 people at twice the Pro price.
Read more and get your free comparison chart on the blog: