Florida Space Coast Breweries
Check out these two Space Coast Florida Breweries. This weekend (4th of July), we had the privilege of visiting 2 breweries on the Space Coast of Florida, the Cocoa Beach Brewery and the Florida Beer Company. Recently, I wrote about Brewery Tours in Florida. I am adding Florida Beer Company to that list because you can tour their operation.
The Cocoa Beach brewery is a tiny gem in the heart of Cocoa Beach. Not much to see as far as how their beer is made. The bartender did enlighten us on the process more. The Cocoa Beach Brewery is in a former 1930’s Navy home. It is more a place to sample their brews instead of touring their operation. When you’re in Cocoa Beach, FL, there are always little reminders of the NASA Space Program in its glory days. An “I Dream of Genie” vase sits in the corner of bar and photos of astronauts as well.
They had 3 brews on tap, Cocoa Beach Key Lime Cerveza, “Not Just Some” Oatmeal Stout, and 888 IPA.
I had the Key Lime — it was crisp and refreshing on a hot day in Cocoa. Dale had the IPA, it was smooth and had a finish that was not overly bitter.
Here’s a list of Cocoa Beach Brewery beers:
- Cocoa Beach Pale Ale — Our gold medal winning American Pale Ale featuring two-row malts, Nugget, Perle, and Cascade Hops.
- Cocoa Beach Key Lime Cerveza — Unique to Cocoa Beach Brewing Company, this Caribbean-inspired beer is brewed with Pilsner Malt and real Key West Lime.
- Cocoa Beach Dirty Blonde — Our unfiltered Blonde Ale. Refreshing and crisp, brewed with Pilsner Malt and Hallertau Hops.
- “Not Just Some” Oatmeal Stout — Made with two-row pale malt, dark chocolate malt, black malt, and flaked oats — this rich stout is brewed with twelve additions of Fuggle hops. Originally called Just Some Oatmeal Stout. The name was changed by popular demand. This beer is not like any ordinary stout!
- 888 IPA — Our American style India Pale Ale. Brewed with Columbus and Centennial Hops, 888 IPA has an original gravity of 1.080, is 80 IBUs, and approximately 8% Alcohol by Volume.
- Sofa King Double IPA — Our take on the traditional India Pale Ale, our Double IPA is brewed with Pale and Crystal Malts. It is dry hopped with a generous amount of Simcoe hops.
- Matt’s Special Bitter — A classic ESB brewed with Maris Otter and Biscuit Malts. This complexly hopped British Ale is the brainchild of guest brewer Matt Backus.
- Von Braun Ale — A Space Coast favorite, our twist on the classic brown ale recipe brewed with German Noble hops.
- Cocoa Beach Oktoberfest lager — Our version of the classic German beer, it is brewed with Vienna, Cara-Munich, and Victory Malts and traditional German Noble hops.
We headed over to the Florida Beer Company next. This place is impressive with a huge tasting room. The building is the former home to the Chrysler missile operations building which provided support services to, most notably, the Apollo and Mercury missions.
The taproom features a panoramic view of the brewery behind glass windows. One can sit around a huge circular bar and sample the local favorites.
We ordered 2 flights of beer. Dale ordered the dark stuff and I ordered the blonde beers and ciders.
Here is a list of the Florida Beer Company Beers:
- Carib Sorrel Shandy
- Scratch Batch Chocolate Stout
- Scottish Ale
- Key West Southernmost Wheat — Belgian Style Wheat
- Key West Sunset Ale — Amber Ale
- Mackeson Triple Stout — Milk Stout
- Hurricane Reef Caribbean Pale Ale
- Devil’s Triangle — IPA
- Swamp Ape — Double IPA
- Kelly’s Traditional Irish Cider
- Kelly’s Rasberry Irish Cider
- Caribe Pineapple Cider
- Caribe Blood Orange Cider
- Caribe Key Lime Cider
- Hurricane Reef Caribbean Pilsner
- Carib Lager
- Sunshine State Florida Lager
- Sunshine State Red Lager
- Sunshine State Pils
This Article was originally published on Love Florida Travel.com