I guarantee you are a genius
According to Wikipedia, a genius is “a person who displays exceptional intellectual ability, or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of new advances in a domain of knowledge.”
In other words, a genius is someone with the insight to find a not-so-obvious solution to a problem.
That’s it. You don’t need to have a 160 IQ or win a Nobel Prize to be one.
A genius looks at something that puzzles others and then solves the puzzle.
So the question is:
- Have you ever done this?
- Have you ever come up with a solution that others couldn’t find?
- Fixed a situation that perplexed your family or friends?
- Made something work that wasn’t working before?
- Helped a group reach consensus on a divisive issue?
- Established a personal connection with someone misunderstood by everyone else? Even once?
No one is a genius all the time. We all have a friend who is book smart, but can barely use a wrench or cross the street safely. But all of us are geniuses sometimes.
Originally published at www.iwillmakeyourbrainbetter.com on January 30, 2016.