One of the ealiest assets we realised would need to be modular was the staircase.
Since the designers wanted a focus on verticallity and movement through rooms, a robust set of stairs where needed to work in many different areas.
Based off the ones I built for the first modular kit they ended out being a single width stiar and a double width stair that had detracable bannisters.
Through testing I found that you didnt need much more to make them fit in many scenarios.
The inital kit for them had 6 different bannister combinations, left turn, right turn, up-left, down-right ect and it was a total mess. This new version was a lot more easy to work with.
Here you can see them in the final version.