17 Takeaways from Apple’s Keynote
Statements, new products and features. And a gender scorecard.
”We have a responsibility to help you protect your data.” Tim Cook, CEO, Apple
New features and products
– Apple launches 9.7-inch Ipad Pro with True Tone display. Goes after Windows users and replacement for Ipad users.
– Apple launches biffed-up 4-inch Iphone SE. Going for first-time smartphone users and Android switchers.
– Apple launches open-source framework CareKit to empower people with their care.
– Apple drops Apple Watch’s starting price to USD 299, releases new bands and colors.
– tvOS gets an update including app folders, text dictation, Siri for the App Store.
– Apple launches IOS 9.3 with Nigh Shift, minimizing exposure to blue light.
– 93% of Apple operations worldwide are running on renewable energy.
– 100% of Apple’s data centers are powered by renewable energy.
– 1 billion Apple device users worldwide
– 200M 9.7-inch Ipads sold
– 3 million cards added to ApplePay in China in first 72 hours
– 30 million 4-inch Iphones sold in 2015
– Over 1 million apps designed for the Ipad on the App Store
– 5,000 AppleTV apps on the App Store
– 50 million use Apple’s News app
Can do better
– Keynote speaker gender scorecard: men 4, woman 1.
More mobile innovation news curation and analysis on www.closetomarket.com
What did you think of the Apple keynote?