THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO SENDING FAXES ONLINE
If you’re like us and interested in getting more done, more quickly, without waste, and without stepping away, then knowing just how to send a fax from your browser is a huge step. Today we’ll compare various services for sending faxes online, what they are good for, and how to get started. A spreadsheet with more detail is here.
- eFax: the grandaddy of them all. Send and receive faxes online for $16.95/month.
- GotFreeFax: Single page app that lets you send faxes for $0.98 for 10 pages, and cheaper from there.
- FaxZero: Send faxes online for $1.99 per page. You can also send faxes for free with FaxZero branding on your cover page.
- Scrypt: The only service we encountered that was truly built for enterprise, with HIPAA compliant faxing. Subscription pricing starting at $9/month.
- SmartFax: At $6.95 for up to 250 pages each month, Smartfax had the cheapest monthly subscription that wasn’t free, and comes with a 30 day free trial and international faxing available as a feature.
- MyFax: Send (up to 100 pages) and receive (up to 200 pages) of faxes for $10/month.
- BitCoinFax: Send and receive faxes, anywhere in the world, with very well enumerated prices. The only service that allows you pay with bitcoin (prices are quoted in dollars though)
- TinyFax: The only iPhone app based faxing service we encountered. Also integrates nicely with Dropbox, Google Drive and Box. Starting at $0.60 a page.
- Faxy: Send a fax for $15/page and receive faxes for $1/week. Novel blended pricing that doesn’t constrain your receive volume.
- FaxRobot: The cheapest and simplest per page faxing service we encountered, at $0.06/page.
- HelloFax: A faxing, e-sign and document management suite with a free tier (5 pages per month), and subscriptions ranging from $9 — $39.99.