10 reasons why you should book a ski instructor you probably didn’t think of:
- Better technique means fresher legs — having a bad technique leads to you getting tired far quicker, and we all know skiing with tired legs is never great for enjoying the slopes!
2. No lift queues — In France ski instructors have a special queue that they use to skip to the front on busy days, often saving upwards of an hour of queueing over the course of the day.
3. Never get lost — Instructors know the mountain inside out, so if there is meant to be bad weather make sure you have your instructor booked in.
4. Great company!? — Skiing on your own is nowhere near as fun as skiing with someone else, ski instructors have plenty of local knowledge, gossip and make a great lunch date.
5. Find the best snow — Skiing on the mountain all day every day means instructors know where the best snow conditions are. Don’t ski on ice all week when you could be skiing perfectly groomed pistes, or untouched powder!
6. Lunch mmm…! — Instructors know the best lunch spots and restaurants, whether you’re looking for Michelin stars or simply value for money, they know where to go.
7. Struggling with your skis? — Getting an honest and informed opinion on your equipment can be difficult, benefit from an instructor’s advice on what will work best for you, simply changing your skis or boots can make all the difference.
8. Therapy — Instructors are often great listeners and being on a chair lift means they are obliged to listen to your problems and offer advice.
9. Real Estate — Ski instructors are generally in the know about all the local properties for sale, ask your instructor for the low down on the best deals and avoid the estate agents.
10. Learn about the mountain — Spending plenty of time in the mountains means instructors have fantastic knowledge of their surroundings, they love to pass this on and will always have time for the complete enthusiast.
Find your perfect ski instructor at Maison Sport www.maisonsport.com