Refer a friend to volunteer with Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles
If two new volunteers are referred to Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles, at least one LA kid battling a critical illness will be granted their one true wish and be given hope and joy to fuel to recovery.
If each of our volunteers refers just one friend, we will meet the needs of all of the wish kids on our wait list!
This month, we encourage you to share your volunteer experience with family, friends, and coworkers who you think would be great wish granters and to motivate them to create memorable wish experiences for LA kids.
Referred participants will be invited to our Community Engagement Day on Sunday, February 25th, where they will learn more about Make-A-Wish and our LA chapter, attend a Volunteer Orientation, and get the chance to submit a Volunteer Application.
If you know anyone that may be interested in volunteering for Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles, share this link with them so they can be added to our inquiry list and be invited to our Community Engagement Day on February 25th: http://la.wish.org/lets-volunteer
Volunteers who refer a friend that successfully attends a Volunteer Orientation AND submits a Volunteer Application on Sunday, February 25th will be entered into a special raffle to win some fun prizes! An extra raffle entry will be given to those volunteers who refer a Spanish-speaking bilingual prospective volunteer.
Current volunteers are not obligated to attend Community Engagement Day, but you are more than welcome to join us. It would be great for prospective volunteers to hear about the volunteer experience first-hand.
Below you will find everything you need to help you spread the word about Make-A-Wish LA to your friends and family through our Refer-A-Friend initiative. Thank you!
Share on social media
Below you will find some example posts that you can share on your own social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and e-mail. Feel free to share photos of you in your Make-A-Wish gear! You can use the photo below, but please remember to NOT share any photos of other wish kids.
- The time I get to spend granting wishes for children battling critical illnesses is always the highlight of my week. I highly recommend joining me and fitting time in your schedule to volunteer as a wish granter at Make-A-Wish Los Angeles! You can sign up at: http://la.wish.org/lets-volunteer
- I’m so excited to volunteer with Make-A-Wish Los Angeles this year! Who wants to join me? Sign up today and help change lives of kids in LA battling critical illnesses: http://la.wish.org/lets-volunteer
/tag us in your post — FB: @Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles , IG: @makeawishlosangeles/
- The time I get to spend granting wishes for kids battling critical illnesses is always the highlight of my week. Make time in your schedule to be a volunteer wish granter with @makeawishla and transform lives of LA kids! Sign up at: http://la.wish.org/lets-volunteer #volunteering
- So excited to be volunteering with @makeawishla this year! Join me and help change the lives of LA kids battling critical illnesses. Sign up: http://la.wish.org/lets-volunteer #volunteering #dogood #losangeles
/tag us in your post — @makeawishla/
- This year, I’m spending my spare time granting wishes for kids bravely battling critical illnesses. The time I get to spend volunteering with Make-A-Wish Los Angeles is always the highlight of my week and re-energizes me every time. Sign up to volunteer with me and transform lives of LA kids: http://la.wish.org/lets-volunteer
- I spend my spare time creating life-changing wishes for kids battling critical illnesses. The time I get to spend volunteering with Make-A-Wish Los Angeles always makes the rest of my day brighter. Join me today and help spread the power of a wish come true: http://la.wish.org/lets-volunteer
/tag us in your post — @Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles/
Send an email
Dear friends and family,
I’m writing to share a wonderful opportunity with you. For the past [amount of time], I’ve been volunteering with Make-A-Wish Los Angeles — a nonprofit organization that, with the help of community volunteers, grants wishes of LA kids battling critical illnesses.
Here’s how it works. First, I visit the kids that Make-A-Wish LA serves to find out what are their most cherished wishes. Wish kids are some of the bravest and sweetest kids you’ll ever know. Their innocence and wisdom stay with you. They wish to work in a pickle factory, become a superhero, go snorkeling, meet their favorite celebrities, save the world (and the list goes on). Then, after Make-A-Wish LA organizes and schedules the unique wish experience, I visit the kids again to surprise them with the news of their wish being granted! (This is, actually, my favorite part.)
Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles grants hundreds of unique wishes each year. A lot, yes. But that’s only 50% of eligible kids. They need more volunteers (especially bilingual Spanish speakers) so more deserving kids and their families can know the happiness, relief, and renewal a wish can bring. Wishes work magic re-energizing kids, bringing them hope, joy and strength that fuels to recovery!
If you are looking for a meaningful way to get involved and make a difference, I hope you’ll consider joining me as a volunteer wish granter! There are still many kids on the waiting list. Visit Make-A-Wish Los Angeles website at la.wish.org/volunteer to learn more and sign up to be a volunteer at: la.wish.org/lets-volunteer
Follow the link to download Make-A-Wish Los Angeles logos
Thank you once again for spreading the word about Make-A-Wish Los Angeles to your friends and family through our Refer-A-Friend initiative!