The Statistics Are Telling The Story Of The US Job Market.
The American Staffing Association released some telling staffing industry statistics recently — statistics that tell the story of a thriving and growing US economy, with some businesses having a hard time finding talent to fill the positions they need to run their businesses effectively. As a result, more and more businesses are turning to temporary staffing agencies to fill their need for talent.
Consider these statistics:
- Every day, more than 3 million temporary and contract employees work for America’s temporary staffing agencies and contract staffing agencies.
- Each year, temporary and contract staffing agencies hire almost 16 million employees.
- Almost 3/4th of these employees work full-time, in positions that last anywhere from a few days to several years.
- Almost half of employees working for temporary staffing agencies do so with the intent of getting a permanent job; that is, they are hoping to do such a great job that they go from a temporary hire to full-time hire.
- According to the American Staffing Association, staffing employees in the US fill almost all occupations in these sectors (% of total staffing employees in each sector, in parentheses):
- Industrial — 37%
- Office — Clerical and Administrative — 28%
- Professional — Managerial — 13%
- Engineering, Information Technology and Scientific — 13%
- Health Care — 9%
The American Staffing Association report also discussed staffing companies and temporary staffing agencies. According to the report, the top 2 reasons that staffing clients turn to temporary staffing agencies is that
a) it provided them a level of flexibility with their workforce that permanent hires does not afford them, and b) it provides them with the greatest access to talent. Also, many staffing clients viewed using a temporary staffing agency as a resource- saving investment — saving their companies time and money.
Also, the report indicates that staffing industry growth has outpaced overall employment growth in the US for each of the last 3 years. This is primary due to more and more businesses are turning to staffing companies to meet their needs for talent — and to provide the workplace flexibility and resource-saving operations that many businesses need to thrive in this economy.
The best way to see if a temporary staffing agency is right for your company is to talk to one.
At Malace, we’d love to talk to you about the some of the benefits of working with a professional staffing company to meet your needs for talent. Malace HR has been providing strategic outsourcing and HR services to clients throughout North America for the past 18 years. With over 1,200 employees in 12 locations — we’ve got you covered. Call us at (248) 720–2500 to learn how working with Malace HR to meet your HR needs can benefit your business.