Relationship Insights for Modern Men: Podcast with Giordana Toccacelli
[You can listen to the episode through the podcast player here or scroll down to
Giordana Toccacelli is an expert on relationships and the masculine/feminine dynamic. As she puts is, “I demystify men to women and women to men.”
“Gio” as she’s known to her deeply committed fans, followers, and friends, is one of ManTalks’ most beloved experts. She’s written some hugely popular articles for our website, and has led a private call for our Performance Mastermind group.
I got so much out of this conversation, and wanted to sum up a few of the major takeaways:
- How to show up in your masculine — One of the biggest problems plaguing modern men in our intimate relationships is our difficulty showing up in our masculine. There are many reasons for this, including some modern day ideologies and confusion around what equality means. Hint: it doesn’t mean to abandon masculine energy. Giordana points out that masculine energy is very directed, focused, and decisive. We went deep on this point, and you’re going to have to listen to the episode to get the most powerful insights. This is real world stuff that will help you right now.
- Drama doesn’t mean you’re in a ‘conscious relationship’ — A common belief is that relationships are vehicles to personal growth. This can be true, as relationships shine spotlights on our deficiencies and places we’re not showing up. But this isn’t the same as constant relationship drama. Giordana points out that conscious couples may have fights from time to time, they will apologize and admit where they went wrong.
- How to develop intimacy in a relationship — Men commonly seek intimacy through sex, whereas women commonly seek it through emotional connection. Are you withholding what your partner wants until you get what you want? In most cases, fulfilling your partners’ needs first will lead to you having your needs met. Giordana points out that this dance and balance back and forth is key to developing deeper intimacy.
This episode is packed with powerful insights into relationships and the masculine/feminine dynamic. These points are just a brief glimpse into all that Giordana shared on this episode. I had such a blast talking to her, and I’m excited to hear what you have to say.
Please let me know your thoughts. You can leave a comment below, email me at email@example.com, or direct message me on Instagram or Facebook [@mantalks for both].
Do you have a follow up question for Giordana? Send it to me via any of those channels. I’m going to do a Facebook live session with her before long, so we’ll get your questions answered.
Giordana Tocaccelli is an international relationship coach who works with women and men to help them cross the bridge in communication to deepen intimacy and understand one another on a much deeper level. She also specializes in helping people understand masculine and feminine dynamics and educates both sexes on confidence, attraction and intimacy.
Article referenced in this episode:
Heal a Hardened Heart by Giordana Toccacelli
Some questions Connor asks…
- Could you give us a bit of background about what it is you do?(3:39)
- What are some of the most important pieces when I’m first dating someone? (5:07)
- Could you explain the differences in Masculine & Feminine dynamics? (7:24)
- How important is assertiveness to a woman? (20:00)
- How can a guy create space for deep conversations? (32:18)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Thank You to the Team:
Editing & Mixing by: Aaron Johnson
Theme music by: Parlange & Latenite Automatic