Political Predictions for 2019
Here are a few political predictions for 2019 based on my reading of events in 2018.
1. The Robert S. Mueller III investigation will not indicate President Donald J. Trump (R-New York) or any other major political figure.
2. Mueller will find no evidence connecting Trump or anybody else to Russia.
3. Mueller will indicate a few peripheral individuals for questionable crimes unrelated to Russia. A likely candidate is Donald J. Trump Jr. the president’s son.
4. Trump will not fire Mueller.
5. The Mueller team will still be “investigating” in December 2019 with no Trump indictment.
6. Whenever there is a slow news day in 2019, some progressive media outlet will run a story claiming Mueller is about to indict Trump.
7. The media will run lots of stories about the genius of Robert S. Mueller III.
8. If Mueller indicts Trump or his family members it will not be for dealings with Russian. Instead, it will be for illegal business dealings with China or Saudi Arabia. Trump illegalities with China or Saudi Arabia are likely because those countries have far more money than Russia. At the end of the day, the Trumps are all about the money.
9. U.S. Troops will be in back in Syria as soon as intelligence detects an ISIS camp there.
10. ISIS will declare “victory” in Syria and promise new attacks on America.
11. The U.S. pullout from Afghanistan will bog down in a combat quagmire.
12. China will move into Afghanistan as America leaves. This is likely because Afghanistan borders the People’s Republic of China.
13. U.S. allies like Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, and Israel will take steps to form alliances with Beijing. To explain, those countries will need an ally against Russia, and China is the logical candidate.
14. The new Democratic House of Representatives will waste its time in nonsensical investigations of President Donald J. Trump (R-New York).
15. Porn star; and alleged Trump sex partner, Stormy Daniels will testify before a House Committee.
16. The falling price of oil could be the big economic story of the year.
17. Liberal media outlets will ignore Democratic front-runner U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (D-California); until she wins the California Presidential Primary on 3 March 2020.
18. Instead, progressive media outlets will trot out a new great white male Democratic presidential hope of each week. To clarify, I think the media elite incapable of accepting a woman of color (other than Oprah or Michelle Obama) is a credible presidential candidate.
19. Oprah and Michelle Obama will not be able to quell presidential speculation about them with multiple announcements they are not running.
20. President Donald J. Trump (R-New York) will suddenly announce he is not seeking reelection in 2020. To explain, this is gut instinct on my part. Further, based on his expressions on TV, I think Trump is not having fun in the White House.
21. Trump will throw the Republican Party into chaos if he bows out of the Presidential Race. Notably, Republicans have no plan B for after Trump or any credible candidates waiting in the wings.
These predictions are solely my opinions. Please take them as food for thought rather than future events.