Preparing for a comprehensive exam is a must if you wish to pass the test with flying colors especially when you are pursuing a PhD. Yes, learning everything there is to know about your course can be daunting especially when you have plenty of information to go through but it is possible if you know what to do. For many, doing a systematic approach to their PhD studies has produced good results in gleaning information that is relevant to the comprehensive examination that they will be taking. But there is more to preparing for the exam than just being thorough in combing through your materials. Read our tips to learn how to pass the exam.
Tips for Mastering Your PhD Studies
- Consult with more experienced students. Graduate students have already taken the comprehensive exam which means that they can give you pertinent advice on how to study. Look for graduate students who have already finished their comps and ask about the structure, the content, and general tips that they can share.
- Gather your materials. It is important that you gather resources to study for your exam but don’t make the mistake of being too consumed with your research that you forget to actually study. You should be careful in choosing what materials to study.
- Find old exams. Since comprehensive exams are giving to groups of students it is possible for you to see old exams in your department. Although the questions may not likely appear in your comps, you can get a general idea on the structure.
- Consult with your department’s faculty. One or two faculty members will often sit down with their students to talk about their upcoming test to discuss what they can expect. You should prepare your questions.
- Think about the challenges. You need to identify the possible challenges you will be facing during study proper such as materials, time, family members, extracurricular activities, and the like.
- Set aside some time. It is important that you set aside some time from your busy schedule for studying.
- Ask for support. The comprehensive exam is tough but by seeking support from other students who are taking the same exam, it will be easier to study especially when you get to share ideas and notes. Family support is also worth having.
- Don’t forget your task. It’s easy to get distracted about a lot of things such as work and other activities but you need to remind yourself of the most important aspect of your examination and that is to study.
PhD Comprehensive Exam Help
It’s not surprising that you would be asking for help when it comes to preparing for your PhD comps since there are tons of materials to go through. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with all the information that you have but we can help you with this part. Our team can help you gather the right materials for your comps so you won’t have to waste time going through information that isn’t relevant. Our experts will guide you through your studies as well as provide relevant tips on how to pass your examination. Our team is comprised of doctorate writers, PhD consultants, expert editors, and friendly staff who will always be there for you when you need them. All that you have to do is send your order to us, and we’ll help you immediately.
It’s tough to go through your comprehensive exam on your own but not when you can get professional assistance for your PhD studies. With our help, you can take on your oral or written exam with confidence because you know you have prepared for it with the pros.
Hire our service today and let our experts help you with your PhD studies fast!
Originally published at www.comprehensiveexam.org.