We are very excited to attend the upcoming Delta Summit 2018 event, Malta’s leading blockchain conference supported by the Maltese government and one of the biggest blockchain events of the year. As an ultra exhibitor of the event, we are proud to announce that we will be establishing one of the world’s first crowdsourced digital asset indexes for the occasion: Delta Summit Index (DSI).
As the official index of Delta Summit 2018, DSI will be co-created by attendees of the event, including many of the world’s foremost financial and cryptocurrency experts, blockchain enthusiasts, and influencers.
Every Delta Summit attendee will have the unique opportunity to participate in setting DSI’s structure by voting for their favorite digital assets. DSI will be seeded and powered by ICONOMI, reflecting overall sentiment at Delta Summit about the state of the crypto-economy at the time of the event (October 3–5, 2018). Once voting closes and all the votes have been counted, DSI will be launched publicly and available for purchase on the ICONOMI platform. …
The current ongoing correction is testing everyone, but we must not forget that the crypto market is still young and very volatile. As Roger Wurzel of GB Global Blockchain, which manages the Sustainable Crypto Selection DAA, points out, this industry will have an irrevocable impact on asset management and investment strategy. We might want to follow Jesse Livermore’s wisdom: “It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!”
Was your transition from traditional asset management to crypto a smooth one? What were the biggest challenges? …
DAA manager Dr. Achim Illner of Global Crypto One (GCO) believes Bitcoin as a store of value is the most important business case in the entire crypto-economy. Learn more about his views about Bitcoin, the crypto ecosystem in Germany, and more in this week's interview.
We are seeing more and more activity in the German crypto ecosystem. What is one aspect you find interesting?
Germany itself is quite decentralized, with different approaches to crypto in major hubs like Berlin (VC and developers), Frankfurt (fintech), and the Ruhr area (cypherunderground).
Nevertheless, German contributions to the crypto ecosystem have always been strong because of German developers (IOTA, Lisk, etc.). Developers (and not marketers) delivering products is what is most needed in the current stage of the overall market. …
Blockchain is spreading everywhere and seems to be connecting everyone. Our DAA manager ArabFolio.Capital is trying to bridge the gap between Eastern investments and Western opportunities. Read more about ArabFolio.Capital’s views about Arabian buying power and the blockchain environment below.
What is happening in the Middle East regarding the crypto ecosystem? Are there many meetups? Many investors?
Middle Eastern governments are split in half: those who support crypto and blockchain and are trying to embrace it, and those who feel threatened by it. …
One of our goals for 2018 was to open the door to mass adoption by introducing a fiat ramp-up service on our platform. Today, we are excited to announce the release of the first stage of the fiat ramp-up: over-the-counter (OTC) deals.
This gives ICONOMI users everything they need to enter the crypto-economy in one place: purchasing and selling bitcoin and ether with fiat, and diversifying their digital portfolio through baskets of cryptocurrencies (Digital Asset Arrays).
Being aware of the possibilities in every situation is an important skill in the crypto world. Our DAA manager Hive Digital Assets knows this, pointing out that no one has perfect timing and there will always be trades that “could have been” or “should have been.” Read more about Hive Digital Assets’ views and their “wisdom of the crowds” approach to DAA design below.
Your backgrounds are slightly different, with Sudhir as an investment banker and Malcolm as a start-up guy. How did you meet?
We have known each other for a few years, and the idea to co-found the Hive Index came about in the summer of 2017 when I was in Berlin working on a personal project. We spent a week together discussing potential strategies for harnessing my knowledge of traditional finance and his hands-on experience in the start-up world. …
Since the ever-growing monetization of digital encounters is likely to extend through the next decades, privacy is becoming a rare commodity. ICONOMI’s wide spectrum of DAAs not only represent diversity and depth within each digital asset, but also a full range of options for different DAA manager styles. Today we are giving you a glimpse into the views of Blockchain Nordic from Denmark, manager of the private and hidden BNX DAA.
Are Danish/Scandinavian people risk-takers? How do they see crypto? Do negative media articles influence them?
Generally speaking, Scandinavians are thought of as careful investors who like to stay on the safe side. However, increased investment in innovation and start-ups in recent years are a clear indication that the mindset is shifting to a less risk-averse one. …
There is an old investment saying that goes perfectly with the theme of Easter and the current crypto crash: Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Of course, going against the crowd is always hard, which is why these insights from our DAA manager DAA Manager Cain Ransbottyn of TRADE might give you a good reason to explore the world beyond Bitcoin.
Most everyone that believes in crypto believes in “Bitcoin.” We haven’t believed in Bitcoin as a currency for a long time; in fact, we think Bitcoin is for losers!
But we do believe in blockchain technology — or, rather, crypto technology. …
Roger Staubach said that “There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” This aligns well with the intentions of our DAA manager Phoenix Decentralized Solutions, who plans to provide first-class customer service for new crypto investors as an important part of their strategy.
You started your DAA during a correction when a lot of altcoins dropped more than 80% from their all-time high. Do you see any changes in your clients when speaking about crypto during this specific period? Are people still as optimistic regarding the future, or are there already signs that might indicate doubt or reservations?
At Phoenix Decentralized Solutions, we deliver a service to people who do not have the time or knowledge to understand what is going on in this new market. …
Benjamin Franklin said that “Diligence is the mother of good luck,” and this can easily be applied to the statistics our DAA manager Frank Hutley mentions in these insights when discussing the role of VC in the blockchain world.
Coming from the VC world, you must look at blockchain startups through VC glasses. Are there any interesting differences you have discovered in this new industry compared to other industries?
The explosion of ICOs as a new funding mechanism is the most immediately relevant new trend from a VC perspective. It’s unlikely that ICOs will continue to exist in their present, unrestricted form, but it is interesting to see a reversal in opportunity from professional investors to individuals; in traditional startup fundraising, it’s typically a handful of VCs who have access to the 5% of projects that go on to be successful in a given timeframe. The stats seem to suggest that it is therefore best for individual investors to steer clear of investing in startups, as chances are they will be looking at the other 95% of them. It remains to be seen whether or not token purchases are in any way comparable to purchasing equity in a company, but if they are, then ICOs have for the first time enabled individuals to effectively seed the Googles and Amazons of the future! …