… right, but then you proceed to try to top their story; if this is you then read this twice please. Lou Holtz said it best, “90% of people don’t care about your problems, and the other 10% are glad you have them.” So when you really take a hard look at it, what’s the point? Don’t get me wrong, we all need to vent, and that can be healthy. But pay close attention to the signs of going beyond that.
…fe. It was a simple thing. He said “Man, give it five minutes.” I asked him what he meant by that? He said, it’s fine to disagree, it’s fine to push back, it’s great to have strong opinions and beliefs, but give my ideas some time to set in before you’re sure you want to argue against them. “Five minutes” represented “think”, not react. He was totally right. I came into the discussion looking to prove something, not learn something.