Using the Bible App to Connect with God’s word
Written by: Chris Norris, Online Site Pastor
As we kick off (no pun intended football fans) a new season at McLane Church we are excited to begin a new ministry year with a practical and powerful teaching from the book of 2 Peter. This book reminds us that the faith we have received provides the hope we need to show us How to Live.
In week one, Pastor Brian Kelly (fantasy church leagues beware…BK has broken his arm!) delivered a great introduction to this series where he covered 2 Peter 1:1–4.
Watch week one of “This is How to Live”
In verse three, scripture reminds us of the resources God has equipped us with in order to grow in our faith:
“By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.” (2 Peter 1:3)
Pastor Brian encouraged and challenged us to tap into these resources that God has already given us through our faith in Jesus Christ. And what did he recommended as the best way to do so? By remaining connected to Him.
One of the best and most effective ways to remain in-step with life and Godliness is by plugging into His word. Beginning or renewing personal devotional practices is a great way to do that. (TWEET THIS)
Do you have regular devotional time spent in God’s word daily? If so, great. If not, I want to help! Whether you’re looking to refresh your devotional habits or kick-start them, the Bible app is a great way to do that.
Here is a step-by-step guide to get you started
- Download the Bible app to your smart phone or mobile device by clicking here.
2. Create an account (you can login using your Facebook account)
3. Check out the Verse of the Day on the home screen
4. Start reading the Bible instantly using many different versions
5. Get started on a devotional reading plan by searching different topics
6. Explore Biblical truths and encouragement based on your mood or feelings
7. Highlight, bookmark and share your favorite verses
The Bible app is a powerful tool to keep you connected to God’s word and allows you to continually access the resources provided to you through your faith.
If you have any questions or need help, let me know!