Digital Designer in Hamburg, Germany
Mesaic wants you!
You love everything digital? You strive for design perfection but love to release and iterate? You embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done?
We are Mesaic, a B2B technology provider that enables businesses to excel at the way they deliver service. We are currently looking for a full-time Junior Digital Designer for our team in Hamburg, Germany.
- Crafting Experiences: Conceptualizing and executing beautiful, meaningful user experiences for our product. From wireframes, prototypes and click-dummies, to high-fidelity mockups, user interface components and user experience patterns. Keenly aware of customers objectives and business requirements. Collaborating with our product development, sales and marketing team you ensure a high-quality consistent end-to-end user experience.
- Quality Assurance: Identifying user experience issues in our product and providing support through feedback and the development of guidelines. Making sure that our customer’s experience is top-notch in functionality, logic and appearance.
- Develop Standards: Contribute to the ongoing development of our design system, to promote quality and consistency across the entire user experience. Development and maintenance of our brand assets (offline and online) for internal and external use.
- Painting the Future: Analyse user experiences of digital products in the marketplace and of our competitors to identify possible opportunities for our product. Creation and optimization of customer journeys through mock-ups, wireframes and flows. Driving the user experience of our product to new and exciting heights.
- Ambassador of Design: Explaining your ideas, designs, and user experience standard methodologies in order to successfully convince, motivate and inspire partners and customers. Embody the power of design thinking, by demonstrating user-centered design methods, emphasizing empathy and customer value.
Skills & Knowledge: Required
- You have a design-related degree.
- You have up to 3 years of work experience in the field under your belt.
- You have a strong portfolio focused on digital products. It should showcase your design prowess and include artifacts which give insights into your design process.
- You know tools like Sketch and InVision like the back of your hand, and feel right at home designing wireframes, prototypes, as well as high-fidelity design assets.
- You have a keen sense for user experience design, and are able to combine typography, colors and layout in new, functional and visually pleasing ways.
- You have a great understanding of user-centered design methods, responsive web design and have a strong idea of what it takes to create appealing user experiences.
- You are able to successfully work under pressure in an organized fashion.
- You can effectively communicate, both in spoken and written English (German is a plus).
Skills & Knowledge: Nice-to-Haves
- You get a kick out of making concepts and ideas easy to understand with beautiful iconography and illustrations.
- You have experience designing and delivering a digital product, together with a product development team.
Personality & Attitudes
- “Yes, and…”-Attitude: You have a can-do attitude and are not afraid to take on a new, challenging tasks in our ever-changing dynamic environment. You embrace change as an opportunity to grow.
- Communicative: You prefer to communicate proactively and are able to express your ideas and arguments in a way that is clear, inclusive, and convincing. Whether in a visual, written or spoken way.
- Collaborative: You enjoy collaboration with different types of stakeholders, and are not afraid to stand up for your own perspective.
- Open-Minded: You are open-minded and consider different, contrasting perspectives and feedback as an essential ingredient to any successful product. You are well-versed in receiving and providing constructive feedback.
- Independent: You are able to work independently, fulfilling your commitments to the team.
- Learner’s Mindset: You are reflective, thinking about the way you work and collaborate, always attempting to improve your own processes. You prioritize personal growth and development by making time to learn, ever expanding your skillset.
- Pragmatic Idealist: You love to dream big, but are at the same time able to make pragmatic choices. You are an ambitious dreamer, but are keenly aware it takes small steps to get there.
Who We Are
Mesaic enables companies to deliver modern messaging-driven services to their customers. Our infrastructure transfers existing service-delivery processes into the digital world. End-customers experience a one-stop solution for booking, communicating and using a service and the company benefits from automation and a clear overview of all operations in realtime.
We focus strongly on best customer experience. In today’s digital world transparency, convenience and reliability are a must to live up to customer’s expectations. Intuitive solutions benefit a business’ competitive advantage.
What We Offer
- Flat Hierarchies: Flat hierarchies offer us all the space for own ideas and input, in a dedicated and ambitious working environment.
- Convenient Location: Our easy-to-reach office is located in the lively Sternschanze quarter in Hamburg, Germany. It offers convenient connections to bus, subway and S-Bahn, restaurants, cafés and supermarkets.
- Team: Our young, international team loves tackling ambitious challenges and having a great time while we’re at it. We are an open-minded bunch and keen to learn from each other. We believe that through our diversity we can take on any challenge.
- Professional Development: All of our team members are experts in their respective fields, and make great mentors to learn from. Our dynamic work environment ensures a steady flow of “learn at work” opportunities to develop yourself further.
- Beverages: All the caffeine you could want to get through the day. Oh, and water.
If you are interested we would love to hear from you at email@example.com.