Snapchats New Features
I don’t know about you but I’ve always hated the “best friends” part of Snapchat. There have been many time where I look at my friends best friends to see how high I rank, just to find out that they don’t even snap me that much.
Well Snapchat has gotten rid of that feature and added Friend Emoji’s. It’s a private way that you can see how you fair amongst your friends.
- 💛- Gold Heart — You’re #1 Best Friends — You both send the most snaps to each other!
- 😬- Grimace — You Have A Mutual #1 Best Friend — You and your friend send the most snaps to the same person.
- 😊– Smile — One Of Your Best Friends — This is one of your friends that you send the most snaps to.
- 😎- Sunglasses — You Have A Mutual Best Friend — One of your friends that you send the most snaps to also is in the top people this person snaps.
- 😏- Smirk — You’re Their Best Friend But They’re Not Yours — Pretty self explanatory.
- 🔥- Fire — You Two Are On A Snapstreak — You and this person have sent snaps back and forth for the number of days shown.
To announce this new feature Snapchat actually didn’t blog about it but used their own plateform to make the announcment.
They also added a new feature where you can take better photos in dimly lit areas and a “Needs Love” section under “Recents” for people that you haven’t snapped in awhile.
So what does this mean for businesses? It makes keeping a personal relationship with your consumer, well more personal. You’ll be able to track who you’re building the best relationships with and who “Needs Love”. The most exciting part about this though isn’t a new feature on the app. It’s that virtually no one, company or personality, uses Snapchat this way. They just push everything out to the stories and answer a couple Snapchats.
Imagine if someone really used Snapchat to it’s full potential to build their brand?
Thanks for reading! If you liked it then “Recommend” it. I would be super stoked!
You should also check out my Instagram where I post pictures like this.