I’m not a huge fan of the daily stand-up meeting — I don’t think it’s the best use of time for a dev, or anyone else for that matter.
Step 1: Create a channel called #standup
Step 2: Create a post for your standup update
Step 3: Post it
Things that I like about this:
- A meeting has been eliminated.
- You can create your post anytime during the day and update it as you go. Once you’re done, anyone can look at it tomorrow morning (or lunch or whenever).
- People don’t have to be in the office.
- Using a checklist is a nice way to see what’s in progress and what got done.
- Emoji reaction for status updates! 👍🏻
Things that are not perfect yet:
- @ replies don’t work in a post, but you can comment on the post itself and they work there.
- Posts are collapsed by default, so you’re going to have to click on the ones you want to see.
Thought? Comments? Would love to hear what’s working for you.